The Cowbell Build Thread

Finally got a chance to have a seat with the new Cowbell. Man, I love this knife, John! Kids did a great job on the sheath, too!

This is such a fantastic design, and is going to make the perfect companion. I’m hooked!

Cheers,
View attachment 2153513View attachment 2153517View attachment 2153522

after the coffee is gone, can you flip the coffee cup over to see if it says Buffalo ware, which was common in diner and restaurants. Thanks, and I am not just trying to get you to spill your drink. 😊

after the coffee is gone, can you flip the coffee cup over to see if it says Buffalo ware, which was common in diner and restaurants. Thanks, and I am not just trying to get you to spill your drink. 😊
It does not - sorry - though it is, supposedly, from a restaurant in the 1920/30s about an hour south of Buffalo, NY.

It was my grandma’s family’s restaurant, and where my grandparents met. It became my grandparents house, and is where my grandma (98) still lives.

I mean, who knows if the mug was actually from the restaurant so many years ago? But that’s what I was told, and what I choose to believe when I use it.

Cheers,
1DCCE24F-CB85-40F6-8AD6-6AB79A1AB4A3.jpeg

Last edited:
I mean, who knows if the mug was actually from the restaurant so many years ago? But that’s what I was told, and what I choose to believe when I use it.
I really like the way you worded that. I have some hand tools that I've used for years and recently had some doubts about who I was told they belonged to, I've used them for so long that they're imbued with memories of that person anyways so it doesn't really matter where they came from.

Glad the Cowbell made it safely and welcome to the Clan of the Cowbell!

Apologies on the lack of Dibs following this last group. This is the first time since the Cowbell started over 3 years ago that I haven't taken any Dibs. Not a sign of impending doom whatsoever, we've just been busy with Spring projects and have been using my knifemaking time catching up on other knives.

Some photos my son took of his new Cowbell:

IMG_2629 (2).jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_2634 (1).jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

We'll try to get some better ones another time. Not bad for his first try though!

This was some of the coolest GCarta I've seen to date! 😍 My son had been watching the GL Hansen site for months looking for the right piece. He almost missed this one too, but I urged him to message them to be sure he didn't miss it, and he got lucky! 😎 👍

Links or it didn't happen!😁👍🏻
OK, here you go. Didn’t want to step on your toes!

Main photo:

9YyjgZLl.jpg

OK, here you go. Didn’t want to step on your toes!
Appreciate that Jared but I don't mind at all. Everyone can feel free to post links throughout the sub as long as it's tastefully done👍

That has some nice flow to it!

Appreciate that Jared but I don't mind at all. Everyone can feel free to post links throughout the sub as long as it's tastefully done👍

That has some nice flow to it!
Figured that, but decided to err on the side of caution. Yeah, it’s a nice looking knife, for a lot of reasons. I’ve inquired about the possibility of an 8” version… 🤦‍♂️

Back