The Exchange Forums ?

There have been a lot of posts in the Exchangs Forums that have nothing to do with the sale/trade item.

Like "I wish I had the money", "I don't like this guy", "would you consider a trade", "what a beautiful knife", etc.

The For Sale Forums are not suppose to be for discussions.

Some ads run two pages.

I think there is too much BS posted.

Who thinks only the ad should be listed with no responding posts?

The ad could be edited by the seller to say the price has been lowered or the knife is sold, but no posts.

All offers or questions would have to be E-mailed to the seller/trader.

This makes sense to me.

Nah. It doesn't increase the volume of *threads*, just the number of posts per thread. If you're not interested, don't look after the first time. If you are interested, it doesn't take long to see if the price has been dropped, or if someone is just commenting on the knife. I fail to see what's so annoying about someone complimenting someone else on their cutlery, or wishing they had the money.

I don't mind that kind of feed back , there are a lot of replys that can answer some questions about the piece thats for sale or trade, you can kind of get a feel for the offer you need to make, plus it has been so slow over there i kinda like reading through them, i have done that once or twice some times ya got to drool over what you can't have :)

If you don't like it, don't read it. Seems pretty simple to me.

As a maker who sells on the forums, seems funny that folks don't want knives to be discussed. I can not talk about my current projects in the custom knife forum:confused:, and there is no other proper area to do so. If I list an item for sale and people want to talk about it so be it. Don't let something that bothers only you, stop others from enjoying the area.

I don't think that it is a problem. I don't do it much, but have in the past added a comment of praise on a makers for sale thread. I also like, when I am selling a knife, to have someone post, You have mail, it gives me a reminder to look at my email.

If this is a bandwidth thing let me know and I will stop. I don't want to overload the server.

R.W., if you want comments on your knives you could always post pictures of them in the Gallery forum. I personally would love to see more of your knives there.

I think any arrangements should be made via private email. I will respond to an ad by saying check your email, but discussions are best left between the seller and potential buyer....just my 2 cents.
Nick

How about an ad that leaves out information, like plain or serrated, satin or BT finish? A question in the thread itself can help others looking in to learn what's being offered. And I know it's GBU stuff, but I don't mind someone chiming in with a comment about how the seller is particularly reliable or the price is really low.

Back