The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread

Wish I could spring for that Surls Arapaima, Bob. It would be a perfect match for my wrapped Minimuk. Beautiful knife; GLWS!

Surprised you are selling that Bushfinger Odaon Odaon also surprised to see it is still available

I know! It's an awesome knife, and was very hard to decide to sell, but I have a policy about my knives. If they aren't getting used regularly I let them go. The OS Lady beats out the Bushfinger pretty much every time, so my loss is someone else's gain!

I just prefer the thinner steel, feel, and shape of the Lady more.

Plus I have to fund the next ones. ;)

Jerry if you land that handyman let me be the first to congratulate on reacquiring the one that started all this for you. Wishing you luck!

Your first Fiddleback Jerry??? Get it! The first one I bought I still have: a Nessmuk in African Blackwood with fiddletextured 01. I'm gonna have in inlaid into my tombstone

Jerry if you land that handyman let me be the first to congratulate on reacquiring the one that started all this for you. Wishing you luck!

Your first Fiddleback Jerry??? Get it! The first one I bought I still have: a Nessmuk in African Blackwood with fiddletextured 01. I'm gonna have in inlaid into my tombstone

Thanks! I sold it at a point when I needed some funds and always regretted selling my first Fiddleback. It isn't 3/32" thin and it isn't TT but it was/is a great knife and I'll have a certain level of comfort getting it back again.

The other cool thing I like about @Fiddleback 's Spalting is it works very much like finger prints if there does somehow happen to be a few similar ones floating around. Below is an old pic that I took and it matches the pic in Bob's post. There was another very similar Handyman floating around but the Spalting didn't match.

Yay, my 1st ...
Handyman Dyed Green Curly 1200.jpg

I thought I owned that knife

In PM, Bill said he bought it from you Bob. I bought it from someone on 3/12/16 and then sold it to Spydesense/Greg in July '16.

The only other one that I remember bouncing so much was a nice Blue Curly Runt that ironically came from Sypdesense and went to 3-1-1 and then to me. Before Spydesense, I think the runt was up about 2 or 3 times before then. Its an amazingly purty knife and I get the feeling that its one of those "too nice to use" knives so people buy it, safe-queen it and then sell it again. :)

Blue Runt.jpg

Yes it was. I remember that the mango had a very distinctive feel to it.

The other cool thing I like about @Fiddleback 's Spalting is it works very much like finger prints if there does somehow happen to be a few similar ones floating around.

Absolutely! I just ID'd your ruby Handyman that way when hunting up All Things Handyman a couple weeks ago-- its Dealer image lives on. :)

The only other one that I remember bouncing so much was a nice Blue Curly Runt....

Its an amazingly purty knife and I get the feeling that its one of those "too nice to use" knives so people buy it, safe-queen it and then sell it again. :)

View attachment 761520

I could fix that. o_O

~ P.

Oh man! There's an Osage PK in the flea market. If it were regular convex ground it would need to be mine! Don't really care for Scandi on a knife that size. The perfect sized scandi for me is the EDK, HB, Scandiman size.

Oh man! There's an Osage PK in the flea market. If it were regular convex ground it would need to be mine! Don't really care for Scandi on a knife that size. The perfect sized scandi for me is the EDK, HB, Scandiman size.

I was thinking the same, but wondering if Andy would re-grind it?

Back