The Gunting Looks Sweet!

I just have to say WOW!
It looks absolutely great. Did ya notice the indexing depressions in the handle, for shifting grips. Cool! Sal wrote in an other thread that it would be released in September. It's gonna be a long wait.
What to do?

------------------

I think I can speak as the voice of many people here when I state the following . . .

*blink*blink*drool*

------------------
Simon Yu

"I look at it this way. If things get much worse I'll be too dead to care."

I know that spine thingy is meant as a nerve strike weapon, was the humpy bit on the JSK intended to work the same way? (dontcha love tech talk?)

Ugh! The REKAT-style handle is nice, but that blade leaves much to be desired. I shall pass on this offering. Looks too much like a Khalsa.

Hmmmm . . . The blade length is about right for slicing bagels (longer than radius, shorter than diameter, so the point won't find the palm of your other hand when you make the circular cut). That top guard might be all wrong for whittling, but maybe that's not what Bram had in mind. All the more reason to carry multiple knives.
smile.gif

The indentation on top of the handle suggests that it works, for the user, a lot like a front-release lockback, whatever might be going on between the scales? And, like a lockback or an Axis Lock, but unlike a liner lock or a rolling lock, fully ambidextrous? Will the pocket clip be reversable?

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

For me, the blade shape, with its kinetic opening "horn", is the reason I'm buying this knife as soon as its available. I'm very much into the ability to "escalate" the amount of force I'll be using in a self defense situation. To be able to use the horn with the blade closed to enhance gunting techniques and then, if necessary , use the horn to open the blade and continue with a bladed weapon is a great idea. I hand it to Bram for coming up with the design and to Sal for producing it after REKAT bowed out.

------------------
Megafolder Fans Unite!

Mike Melone

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. " Psalm 144:1
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson

Very nice. This sample Gunting addresses two points that kept me from getting the Escalator. It now has a plain edge, and it has an opening hole. I hope Spyderco isn't using a chisel grind. I can't tell from the photo.

Guys - these photos don't do the GUNTING justice - in reality it is ALOT uglier
smile.gif

BUT - if its an all show no go knife you are after - the GUNTING isn't your best choice - if on the other hand - like many of the BF members - you are interested in the BEST fighting folder - then you need to look no further. Believe when I say that it is very painful and persuasive as an impact tool and the escalation from non-lethal to full fighting mode is a split second affair.

This is with out a doubt the most innovative design to come out of the spyderco line (or any other manufacturer line for that matter) in years. Every curve, every notch and every twist on this knife is there for a reason, and make sure you get the video and the trainer with it - this way you will learn all the small and pain-inflicting secrets it hides.

Reading this post made me think this is a spyderco press release - but it isn't - this thing is for real.

Back