The kinda unspecified CRK talk thread.

gdQMJoW.jpeg
I have carried my beloved regular the last month and did quite a bit of dirty outdoor work including sprinklers, retaining wall, trimming trees, planting, and general maintenance. I noticed periodically the knife would develop lock stick but I found a very effective solution.

The lock stick seemed to occur when grit would get on the lockface either from my dirty pocket or after using it for some dirty work. One evening I cleaned the lock face with this little rubber dental brush. Just a few of swipes across the lock face when the knife is closed removed the fine grit, I could see it on the brush, and the lock stick immediately and completely disappeared!

I repeated this trick a few times over the last month with the same result every time. Complete elimination of any lock stick.

It is interesting that this knife seems sensitive to dirt because in my memory my 21 has never developed any lock stick. However, since the solution only takes me a couple of seconds it’s pretty darn satisfying.

Last edited:
Did some sebenza tinkering tonight.

Took out the lanyard pin from the large 31(it started to rattle again) and switched the back spacer from my small insingo to my clipless small DP.

It always amazes me how nice these knives are to work on. Its like knife lego.

USwkAs6h.jpg

I have carried my beloved regular the last month and did quite a bit of dirty outdoor work including sprinklers, retaining wall, trimming trees, planting, and general maintenance. I noticed periodically the knife would develop lock stick but I found a very effective solution.

The lock stick seemed to occur when grit would get on the lockface either from my dirty pocket or after using it for some dirty work. One evening I cleaned the lock face with this little rubber dental brush. Just a few of swipes across the lock face when the knife is closed removed the fine grit, I could see it on the brush, and the lock stick immediately and completely disappeared!

I repeated this trick a few times over the last month with the same result every time. Complete elimination of any lock stick.

It is interesting that this knife seems sensitive to dirt because in my memory my 21 has never developed any lock stick. However, since the solution only takes me a couple of seconds it’s pretty darn satisfying.

I stumbled across the same solution not that long ago. My issue was not getting a good lockup of the blade on my regular small tanto and a lack of a good "snick" when the blade is locked. I live in SW FL, and the area is quite sandy. Some of that sand finds its way into everything. A few swipes of the flossing tool with the blade partially open so the lock surfaces can be accessed are all it takes to regain the normal "action".

Moved here to avoid cluttering the thread with chat…

The birthcard should say lefty.

I thought it should as well. The seller said
“It says small Sebenza on the box though. Asked the original owner and he says he bought 3 of them in 1999 and this is the only one left”
So it doesn’t surprise me that the card may not be right.

Hey!

Anyone knows why @kettleman(see even than doesnt work) locked himself out? Was there a beef I missed, did his wife find all his sebenzas or did he simply get allergic to titanium?

Hey!

Anyone knows why @kettleman(see even than doesnt work) locked himself out? Was there a beef I missed, did his wife find all his sebenzas or did he simply get allergic to titanium?
No beefs or anything to my knowledge…just a break.

Today’s experience:
I will not deny that I baby my higher priced knives. My daily carry small Sebenza 31 it is usually tasked with opening packages and the occasional zip tie among any other small tasks I encounter.
Today I found myself performing some morning yard work that I usually use my K390 Endela for but forgot. The only blade I had on hand was my cherished Sebenza. I used it for digging out weeds, and cutting multiple decent sized shoots ~1/2” from the neighbors aspen tree. I have to say I was impressed with the cutting performance when it was used for higher pressure cutting tasks! Boy I like how that hollow ground blade traveled through the green wood!
I acknowledge this is probably common knowledge within this community but I thought I’d share my experience using a small Sebenza for “work”
Have a great day.
Paul.

Hey!

Didn't he got promoted but had to move to another state? I gues he is busy with that transfer then...

Reactions: 353
Hey!

Looks like he’s been banned and he scrubbed his pics.

Back