The knee...

how sweet it is to live in a society where you put your health and confidence into the hands of a certfified physician and not a medicine man such as days long past. hmmm...

Today, I have found out that I will not be going under the knife as it is my left knee 'cap' that is the problem, not the cartledge or ligiment tissue. Good I suppose. I guess they had trouble reading the first $900 worth of X-Rays.

A good strapping and some corrective physio should see it right, and if that don't work, they will cut it open, take it off, grind both knee bones smooth and throw it back on there...hmmm, I like physio better me thinks...

Anyway, I am back in town, back on the bike and will start eating 5 apples a day to keep the money hungry bastids away.

Good times my friends, good times.

Wonderful news, Gundy, wonderful news!

Maybe the money saved by not going under "the" knife will let you buy a nifty knife. Or ten.

Glad to hear your knee should be good to go with a bit o non-surgical work. Here's to hoping it works out that way!

Gundy, that sounds like my knees. Bumps on the inside side of the kneecap. It sucks, but I can still walk (and run, and...).

Get well!

Cheers,
BJB :D

Gundy
That is good news(at least better than before)

I hope all goes well, keep us informed :D:D

Gundy,

Yaaaahoooo!

If therre is a next time though, remind those bozos that soft tissue injury (ie cartilage) won't show up on x-ray. They'll mention the added cost of MRI, but from my experience here, you were only about $100.00 short of that cost.

Bike, vitamin C (with bioflavenoids is best), MSM and Glucosamine (chondroitin optional)guaranteed to help!

Gundy,

Good to hear!
My knees are bad too. I figure the manufacturer owes me some explanation, but I don't know who to complain to.

viking313: Gundy.....gald to hear it......but if you go under the knife....we want picts!!!!

Viking, really, I don't think they'll use his Mofo CT, no matter how much he begs...
;)

Good to hear its not as bad as it could have been!:D Now that pulling out the kneecap thing! OWEEEEEE!!:eek:

Knee problems can be quite a nuisance. I had it once years ago. It was so bad at one point, I was almost carried into the car.

By some miracle, the problem went away and didn't come back.

Know how you feel. Look after those knees. There ain't any spare parts for them ! :D

Yep, I use the same stuff and my knees aren't quite so creaky as they used to be, especially in the morning!

Cheers,
BJB :D

Back