The Large Inkosi; An Ongoing Review

I agree with this, have handled many CRKs and Inkosi is smooth on a new level, both with deployment and disengaging of the lock. I think in my mind the perfect CRK would be 1) Inkosi blade shape in 3 inch 2) Inkosi washers, ceramic ball 3) sebenza bushing and handle. That would be the ultimate EDC knife for me.

It's been over a week and this knife is with me everyday. I carry it at work in khakis with no issues and people aren't scared of it either. Usually I get a "ooh" or "wow" as they see it. I showed it to a friend who isn't into knives much but is into cycling and he was immediately impressed with the titanium. Today at the post office one of the ladies needed a knife to cut something with so I handed her my knife. She said it cut pretty good but her daddy always said a knife wasn't sharp unless it sliced paper; she was impressed when it did.

The Inkosi is a winner guys. Everyday I put this knife in my pocket it makes me happy. This is the CRK I've been searching for.

Thanks for the update. I knew you'd love it.

Not to derail the thread, but I'd be very careful about getting it out in the post office. The law forbids knives over 2.5" in federal buildings.....like the Post Office.

Thanks for the update. I knew you'd love it.

Not to derail the thread, but I'd be very careful about getting it out in the post office. The law forbids knives over 2.5" in federal buildings.....like the Post Office.

Interesting. It wasn't an issue here but I could see it being one at other places.

Like you, I was on the fence to purchase an over $200 knife. After realizing a Chris Reeve was the last step in my small collection, it was the choice of which Sebenza it was going to be the lucky lady. Well...after doing all the homework & reading several reviews, including yours, it wasn't a Sebenza I was looking for after all, it was the Inkosi. It'll be here in a few days...funny, it's October & it already feels like Christmas.

Like you, I was on the fence to purchase an over $200 knife. After realizing a Chris Reeve was the last step in my small collection, it was the choice of which Sebenza it was going to be the lucky lady. Well...after doing all the homework & reading several reviews, including yours, it wasn't a Sebenza I was looking for after all, it was the Inkosi. It'll be here in a few days...funny, it's October & it already feels like Christmas.

Congrats! You're going to love it.

I agree with this, have handled many CRKs and Inkosi is smooth on a new level, both with deployment and disengaging of the lock. I think in my mind the perfect CRK would be 1) Inkosi blade shape in 3 inch 2) Inkosi washers, ceramic ball 3) sebenza bushing and handle. That would be the ultimate EDC knife for me.

Yup, what he said, and why I feel the Inkosi is the BEST knife CRK has ever made, thus far. I have owned MANY CRK's over the years, and the Inkosi is THE smoothest, bar none.

Report back your thoughts, I'm anxious to hear about it.

Received it today. Thanks to MreeceC for the service, positive feedback is a coming. With that out the way, here she is.

First thing I did was open & close her. Nice. Smooth. Time to take her apart & give her the ol' spa treatment. And after that, the good ol' Lansky put a polished edge on her.

I have a small collection of prized Benchmades & one Spyderco since I never liked liner locks & frame locks. The Spyderco Tenacious, Kershaw Skyline & Knockout are my exceptions but I got rid of those long ago. Just something about having your fingers right were the blade drops I don't like. With that being said...I purchased the Inkosi.

Now the goods:
1) She's a bit smoother after spa & still is continuing to get smoother after every deployment. She does free drop.
2) She's feels good in hand. I mean real good. Not necessarily better than any of my Benchmades or Spyderco, just different. Glad I got the large.
3) Could have better thumb studs (comfort deployment, not looks). Deploy this sucker more than 30x & you'll see. My BM 950 is similar. You get over it quick after that callus builds on your thumb.
4) Not like a Sebenza, pivot will need adjustment after assembly, but so do alot of BM's. With a little Loctite, it's like a Ronco rotisserie, set it & forget it.
5) Fast deployment, not really. All my BM's deploy faster, even my Adamas. I knew this before...didn't care then, don't care about it now. Didn't buy it for that. If you flick enough wrist, yeah she'll fly out, but she sounds better just opening & closing her slowly. Mmmm, clack...tick...clack...tick.
6) Solid lockup, no blade play, perfect centering...it's a Chris Reeve, duh. Of course all my BM's fill this category too.
7) Is it good for EDC... Do you like carrying a knife everyday? Is the Inkosi a knife? Well there ya go.
8) ...clack...tick...clack...tick...mmmm
9) Bad news is, now I've I've got to find someone who might like to buy a kidney to fund a small &/or large Sebenza 21 w/ Insingo blade & micarta inlays. Need to have a Sebenza too right?
10) Is it expensive? Yes. Do they have other less expensive knives that fit the bill? Sure. Does the expensive Chris Reeve knife make you happy? Then what else is there to write about?

...clack...tick...clack...tick...mmmmm

Ok guys so much like a giddy teenager in their first "real" relationship I'll do an update for my 1 month anniversary with the Inkosi.

My knives aren't used hard. It's not because I baby them but because I'm a desk jockey so at work they don't see a ton of use. They get used just not abused or super hard. With that being said the edge is holding up as expected. It has opened boxes, cut a few down, and sliced other things and will still cut paper/pop hair; no stropping or anything. Very pleased. There's just something about this knife; holding it or looking at it just brings me happiness. Generally when I've had other knives (good knives, too) I've always been on the hunt for the next best thing. Whether it's Benchmade, Spyderco, etc... always looking for something better and was never quite content. The classifieds have very little interest for me these days in modern folders because the Large Inkosi is such a great knife and for the first time I'm extremely happy with it. Usually about now I start to get the itch. The only modern folder that does interest me is a Small Inkosi. Not sure why but I'd like to have a small one for situations the large may not be appropriate. I just really love the design of these knives.

So there you go, one month in and me and Inkosi are happier than ever. :)

IMG_20161003_093644_zpsntatehcv.jpg

Thanks for the update BMC. Although I've bought a couple small fixed blades since I got my 25, the CRK is the last folder I bought. Like you, I was always looking for my next favorite folder, so in a sense, that $400+ Sebenza 25 has saved me a lot of money in the long run. :)

Received it today. Thanks to MreeceC for the service, positive feedback is a coming. With that out the way, here she is.

I enjoyed reading your thoughts! Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy the blade my Cajun Brother!

Thanks for the update BMC. Although I've bought a couple small fixed blades since I got my 25, the CRK is the last folder I bought. Like you, I was always looking for my next favorite folder, so in a sense, that $400+ Sebenza 25 has saved me a lot of money in the long run. :)

I've come to this conclusion as well. :)

Also, half my knives wear custom scales. Those things are not cheap. With this particular cutting instrument, if she ever gets "ugly", I will simply throw the handles in my blasting cabinet & tah-dah...brand new.

Also, half my knives wear custom scales. Those things are not cheap. With this particular cutting instrument, if she ever gets "ugly", I will simply throw the handles in my blasting cabinet & tah-dah...brand new.

I agree with you there. So many knives would be "perfect" if they had different scales but they aren't worth the investment to me. I like the CRK handles and like the wear on them.

I keep expecting the "sold it, no reason, just did" post to appear in this thread.....but the knife is still there! That's a very good sign. Happy for you BMC! I will own a large Inkosi one day. I just have a different blade on order that's taking up the funds for this Autumn.

I keep expecting the "sold it, no reason, just did" post to appear in this thread.....but the knife is still there! That's a very good sign. Happy for you BMC! I will own a large Inkosi one day. I just have a different blade on order that's taking up the funds for this Autumn.

Ha! I have always had an issue with having so much money tied up in a knife but I've accepted that a CRK brings me happiness and I can afford it so it's ok. The Inkosi is such a great design. I love everything about this knife.

Well, it's been almost two months. This is the longest I've kept a CRK or any one knife as my daily user. Still love it.

IMG_20161031_102129_zps6ymjp1rt.jpg

IMG_20161031_102206_zpsi6c0avqz.jpg

IMG_20161031_102252_zpsj5lcv1gn.jpg

Good to hear!! I love my small. Right now I carry a large insingo everyday, but the large Inkosi is wearing on me.

I have been looking for a large Inkosi. Pm me please if anyone is going to sell...... thanks in advance Justin...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back