THE leatherman thread

I only have a charge tti, but I want to get a squirt, mainly because they look so darn cute lol :rolleyes:

^ I agree, my style cs rocks and folds up perfectly. Kudos to leatherman for precise engineering. On another note my new wave comes in today, time to start swapping heads and tools. Woot lol

What's a good sheath to hold a charge tti with both sets of bits and the bit extender? I ordered a package with all of it that came with a sheath and stupidly it only fits one of the sets of bits. Preferably not leather but if that's all I can get, that's fine too. Is skinth my only real non-custom option?

I got sold on Leatherman tools at Boy Scout camp n the 90s. The old timer who taught black powder swore by his. I've used mine (I've owned several models over the years, currently I've a Wave) for countless field repairs and MacGyver style jury-rigs. I even carried it in high school back when a pocket knife wasn't considered reason for expulsion (see, now I feel old).

In the Army I used it to make furniture for my squads tent in Bosnia and the saw also cut a branch into "checkers" for us to pass the time. On one occasion a number of my buddies found themselves without a field knife of any sort and I found that using the steel banding material from ammo crates and the saw, knife, and diamond file on my Leatherman I was able to make several passable utility knives with reasonably sharp blades and cord wrapped wood handles. In addition to being able to sharpen other blades I've also used the file to cut a brass shackle lock for another buddy who lost his locker key. On another occasion I managed to lock my M16 in the barracks broom closet for which there was no spare key. My Leatherman cut a hand sized hole in a solid core door in 15 minutes. The weapon got turned in (just) before final formation and nobody but me and the supply clerk ever knew I cut a hole in a government door.

On nearly all of the Leatherman tools I've owned the machining on the pliers was fine enough that they could be used as tweezers; able to grasp a hair or the smallest splinter and I'll often grab my Leatherman over my "actual" pliers even when I'm at home with my whole toolbox available.

It's impractical to carry a whole tool kit with you everywhere but as a stand in for the toolbox at home my Leatherman has and continues to prove its utility. I feel that anyone who actually goes out into the world for work or for fun should have one.

Thank you for contributing, I never get tired of reading about peoples experience with there leatherman. Such versatile tools in a very compact size.
I got sold on Leatherman tools at Boy Scout camp n the 90s. The old timer who taught black powder swore by his. I've used mine (I've owned several models over the years, currently I've a Wave) for countless field repairs and MacGyver style jury-rigs. I even carried it in high school back when a pocket knife wasn't considered reason for expulsion (see, now I feel old).

In the Army I used it to make furniture for my squads tent in Bosnia and the saw also cut a branch into "checkers" for us to pass the time. On one occasion a number of my buddies found themselves without a field knife of any sort and I found that using the steel banding material from ammo crates and the saw, knife, and diamond file on my Leatherman I was able to make several passable utility knives with reasonably sharp blades and cord wrapped wood handles. In addition to being able to sharpen other blades I've also used the file to cut a brass shackle lock for another buddy who lost his locker key. On another occasion I managed to lock my M16 in the barracks broom closet for which there was no spare key. My Leatherman cut a hand sized hole in a solid core door in 15 minutes. The weapon got turned in (just) before final formation and nobody but me and the supply clerk ever knew I cut a hole in a government door.

On nearly all of the Leatherman tools I've owned the machining on the pliers was fine enough that they could be used as tweezers; able to grasp a hair or the smallest splinter and I'll often grab my Leatherman over my "actual" pliers even when I'm at home with my whole toolbox available.

It's impractical to carry a whole tool kit with you everywhere but as a stand in for the toolbox at home my Leatherman has and continues to prove its utility. I feel that anyone who actually goes out into the world for work or for fun should have one.

What??? No BLAST users?? I got mine yrs ago and it rides on the console of my truck!! Used many time for all kinds of goofy stuff!!

Am rethinking the Juice for a Rebar.. I know apples and oranges but I like what is offered on the Rebar... John :thumbup:

What??? No BLAST users?? I got mine yrs ago and it rides on the console of my truck!! Used many time for all kinds of goofy stuff!!

Am rethinking the Juice for a Rebar.. I know apples and oranges but I like what is offered on the Rebar... John :thumbup:

Not trolling, but my wife carries a Blast. It was one of the first gifts I ever got her when we were just starting to date. She used to carry it everyday, but now as an engineer she thinks it looks unprofessional. I told her b.s., if anything I trust an engineer more that carries tools.

Last edited:

The Blast is a excellent tool and I hate that they discontinued the Kick, Fuse, Blast line. I would go Rebar over a Juice every time. :thumbup:

Rebar pliers in wave body is where its at..
The Blast is a excellent tool and I hate that they discontinued the Kick, Fuse, Blast line. I would go Rebar over a Juice every time. :thumbup:

Rebar pliers in wave body is where its at..

I was surprised to not see the Rebar head adapted into the Wave for 2015. I guess they were to busy making $600 watches and the Rev and Signal then doing something their customers actually want.

Can you tell I don't agree with their product decisions. :D

I have to agree on there questionable product decisions lol I stuck a rebar head in a wave myself since ahem.. leatherman won't do it for me. I just hope I don't need to use the warranty because switching the heads back will be a :grumpy:
I was surprised to not see the Rebar head adapted into the Wave for 2015. I guess they were to busy making $600 watches and the Rev and Signal then doing something their customers actually want.

I kinda like the signal

I kinda like the signal

I would of liked the Signal if it did not include all the yellow plastic parts (Whistle, fire steel, sharpener). I am just not a fan of things like this on my multitools and it most definitely gives them a cheap look to them.

To each their own though. I'm not hating on anyone who likes the Signal. If it works for you then all the better. :thumbup:

Liking the Juice and did not do the Rebar.. Decided the BLAST fills that hole!! John :thumbup:

I never thought I would like the Skeletool. It looks like a nightmare... Then I got one for Christmas, and I have found it to be one of my favorite and most carried and used Leatherman products.

Back