The Mighty Tek-Lok

There's been some confusion surrounding the attachment of the Tek-Lok belt clip lately, so I took some pic's to help out.

A Tek-Lok is a innovative versatile attaching & locking device than can be locked stationary by two retaining locking tabs. The Tek-Lok can be locked in placed permanatly by a perma-clip. The Tek-Lok can be easily removed from a belt by pressing both locking tabs together. A Tek-Lok will accomodate belts from 2.25" down to 1.25"

There are two sizes of Tek-lok, large and small. You can tell the difference by noting that the small version doesn't have a locking system or a belt adjustment screw.

For your RAT sheath systems, you want the large version.

The hole pattern of the large Tek-Lok is pretty much the standard when it comes to kydex and injection molded sheaths.

20090316_10.jpg

In most cases, your not going to be able to bolt the Tek-Lok to both sides of the sheath like you would think you would want to, due to the width of the sheath being larger than the Tek-Lok. I've been using these systems for years and have never had one fail nor break a sheath due to it being bolted to only one size of the sheath.

Note: this Tek-Lok was trimmed to fit another knife, just pretend that you don't notice.;)

RC-3
20090316_11.jpg

RC-4
20090316_6.jpg

RC-6 (sorry, too lazy to remove my ghettoMolle setup)
20090316_14.jpg

It's not in the right spot, but you can see that the holes match up.

And then the horizontal solution

RC-4
20090316_8.jpg

RC-3
20090316_9.jpg

Now the Izula can fit either way, the holes line up up and down and across, cool feature.
20090316_12.jpg

20090316_13.jpg

I personally find the Tek-Lok system to be the best available. Quick and easy on and off, adjustable belt tension and it's pretty much unbreakable.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Gunner that was extreemly helpful. I'll be ordering one up from RAT directly. I'm still hesitant concerning the comments on the prior thread about the horizontal carry with an RC-4 that the postioning may cause a bit of handle droop. ie, not neutral balanced.. But I guess I'll find out.

Thanks for the awesome pictures. I found this thread out of a possible of 10 points usefulness: 11 POINTS SCORED. :thumbup:

Glad to help. Even if you don't like the way the RC-4 rides with the Tek-Lok, you'll find a use for it. They're very versitile.

If you were to adjust the belt width adjuster to your belt properly, it would most likely reduce the handle droop problem a good bit.

I've got two on order from RAT. One for the 4, the other for the Izula thats coming. I'll try cranking it down good and tight see how that works. Will advise for information purposes. I'm just a horizontal carry kinda of guy, in the small of my back. I find it's 100% out of the way for whatever you're doing. Especially when riding a 4Wheeler. Of course, I'll have to figure out how to share that same postion with my 1911. Will take some thinking to figure out how to get both to occupy the same realestate.

Thought I'd add that there is a single screw centered on the back of the Tek-Lok that you can loosen up a tad then slide it up or down depending on what size belt your wearing then tighten the screw. Helps alot. The plastic piece that screw is attached to can be replaced with a small sharpening stone the same size as the original plastic one, to do emergency touch up on your blade in the field. I can't remember who sells the stones but someone here might know.

Last edited:
I also forgot to mention that the slot on the Izula sheaths are set up in a way that allows you to cant the sheath, cool feature.

The slider is indeed good for horizontal carry, and if you tighten it up on the belt, it shouldn't droop much (I wear thick tradesman style belts and it doesn't droop at all. On a dress belt or other thin belt it might still droop some.).

Shotgunner, thanks for posting this up. Huge help!

Awesome, thanks for the very informative pics. Definitely going to be picking one up now.

Will it work on double thick belts? All my leather belts are double thickness for pistol carrying. I sure it would fit my Wilderness Tactical belts fine (double thick nylon with 5 stitch support).

it should ... looks like the gap in my large teks fit up to 1/16th inch .. (sorry its late so i might be off on the ruler)

Back