The Mountian Bike Thread..

Nevermind, it says its an app. I sure can't find it on my blackberry like the site says. Looks like a fun tool.

Went for about a 5 hour ride yesterday with my girl. 68 degrees on December 21st in MD it was kinda hard not to ride.

Trail conditions are getting crazy, but lots of fun. Lots of rain mixed with freezing temps. Warm day to soften the top few inches leaving frozen slickness underneath. Lots of fun.

Did a few higher speed downhills, gotta say my old hardtail did just fine. Guess its what I am used to.

The Captain Elites must have just needed some break in time cuz now after around 60 trail miles and 6 or so road miles to and from the trails the side walls are much more flexible.

You guys are killin me. Mountain bikes and knives are my ONLY two vices. :) Here's my current bike. I've had fullies too when I lived near actual mountains. 20100804-DSC_2266.jpg20100804-DSC_2304.jpg

Gonna make the jumps
2011-12-26_12-11-43_47.jpg

Close to the edge, down by river.

[video=youtube_share;TaNBuqSuNqk]http://youtu.be/TaNBuqSuNqk[/video]

Thats cool Beanbag. There is about a quarter of a mile on the trails behind me that are on the top of an almost sheer 200 meter rocky drop to the river. The foot wide single track is within 6-8 inches of the edge. Its funny because it is one of the most technical and difficult areas of the trail. I find it to be a rush, on the other hand its one spot my girl has only made once. Most times she freaks and has to walk...and is still a little freaked :)

Dang Beanbag, that trail is DICEY. Great job on the editing, the music really worked with the footage.

That vid ain't mine. I just posted it for everyone's entertainment. Sorry for the confusion.

Absolutely no way!
I dont think I could even walk it
I even had a hard time watching the video!

I'm pretty sure the guys in that vid are pros. It came to me by way of Mountain Bike magazine on line.

Once again, sorry if anyone thought I was trying to pass that off as my own. I've done some pretty crazy sh!t on my bike, but my set ain't that big.

Remember I told you about the day of the mud bogs and how insane it was...how I couldn't pedal. I guess cuz my drivetrain was actually in the mud it sucked in rocks. Just today notice missing teeth on my rear derailer.

This is what it should look like all the way around
SU1HLTIwMTExMjMxLTAwNTk2LmpwZw.jpg

This is what it looks like...........
SU1HLTIwMTExMjMxLTAwNTk1LmpwZw.jpg

I always try and MTB on the last and first day of the year.

I took my 12 year-old son out with me today. Smooth and tasty single track was the order of the day.

Here is a vid of me following him down the hill. Click 1080p please. Also, my son is a sponsored Youtube member, so if you happen to click on one of the ads he would appreciate it.

[video=youtube_share;3yyg1y5hSdk]http://youtu.be/3yyg1y5hSdk[/video]

Last edited:
Back