The new Victorinox Swiss Champ

I have one on order (not from that shop). I'll do a review when I get it. Most of these monsters are more novelty and for collections than use.

kmcrawford111 said:
That reminds me of the SwissChamp XXLT. No lighter, though.

It is similar and has the digital electronics of the Altimeter and Voyager (I think). The lighters have been discontinued because of ongoing problems. They had a tendency to fail.

Anyone know if it has the torch? I want a SAK with a little butane torch available in the USA! :mad:

It would be cool if they had a torch / soldering iron combo tool. You'd have to be careful putting that back in your pocket though! :)

WadeF said:
Anyone know if it has the torch? I want a SAK with a little butane torch available in the USA! :mad:

It would be cool if they had a torch / soldering iron combo tool. You'd have to be careful putting that back in your pocket though! :)

I was told by a SAK seller that the torch was illegal to sell in the US because it didn't meet safety requirements.

Well, it does say it is mostly for collectors. I think it's pretty cool! What's with the two hooks though? shurly they could have found something unique to put there. Felinevet: I look forward to your review! I've had good experiance with your shop!

Duke05 said:
What is the white tool on the upper left?

That is one of the 2 magnifying glasses. One is the traditional and the other does not have the gray frame around it.

My sentiments extactly cardimon. It would be great as a useful conversation piece to sit on your desk.

But, if you were to try and carry it on a daily basis, you would need a team of sherpas and a chiropractor.:D

Back