The official “things you can do with a sharpened pry bar thread”

Pry a car door open, but this begs the question that if I keep it in my car and it’s MY door that needs pried, how do I do it? Purely a chicken and egg thing, hopefully the guy next to me also has one.

Use it to make a sheath.
Leather or Kevlar is the preferred sheath material for us.

I can’t really compare it to Nathan’s other knives as it’s not a knife 😉

With leather work gloves it feels great in the hand holding it like a knife. Without gloves is not comfortable for me.
My hands are on the small side of large if that makes sense.
BFK for reference.

View attachment 2344985View attachment 2344986
The handle design was to be used with structural firefighting gloves that are a bit bulky

View attachment 2331631

I have one of these that has become indispensable. It's a "trim" bar, intended primarily to remove trim without damaging walls or the trim itself. Does that beautifully!

BUT for the purposes of this thread - kept nice and sharp - it is an "essential tool for shop and woods". For all the scraping and light lifting purposes previously mentioned and a favorite easy woods carry for: peeling bark, chopping into small roots for settling path stones or tree slab pads on a trail, chopping through other gritty stuff that you hate to use a good knife edge on - old rope, chaga or fat wood harvesting, among others. If you have one YOU WILL USE IT!

Setting stepping pads yesterday. Lots of 1/2" or less roots that need some removal from their muddy home. Use a puukko or a well tuned hawk??? :eek:
NAY - use a sharp trim flat bar.

BEFORE

View attachment 2331650

AFTER - trails are really wet this year. :(

View attachment 2331642
Can confirm that trim bars are incredibly useful

Back