The OLD CLOSED Post Your Campsite/gear/knife/hiking/anything Outdoorsy Pic Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other Hobby:
DSCN0444.jpg

DSCN0408.jpg

I'll start off with a couple of boat pix for a change of pace. Built them both using nothing but the toothpick from an old Swiss Army Knife.

And a shot of a couple of the kids at Merchant's Millpond in North Carolina. This was the first trip where they paddled in to the campsite.

One from a trip to the Okefenokee a couple years back

And the obligatory knife shot. Knives are a Marbles Trailmaker and a Marbles Sport in a homemade double rig.

Awesome pics, everyone!

Jeepnut, if you ever come up to CT, you are obligated to bring a bottle of 21-year-old and share it with your wilderness forum moderator, or you will be banned for life from Bladeforums. :D

Jeepnut, if you ever come up to CT, you are obligated to bring a bottle of 21-year-old and share it with your wilderness forum moderator, or you will be banned for life from Bladeforums. :D

Sounds good!! Just so long as my Jeep is "legal" to drive on public roads up there! :eek:

Sounds good!! Just so long as my Jeep is "legal" to drive on public roads up there! :eek:

If not, there's no way you'll get in trouble. If a police cruiser shows up, just turn off the road and hide out two trails to the left!

Best,

~Brian, also owner of Jeep but way wimpier than yours....

P.S. I grew up in Fairfax County and spent many a summer on farms down around Lynchburg. What part are you in?

Pitdog, you lucky SOB. It's friggin' heaven where you live...

Fishin hole
vbs2007047.jpg

DukePics080.jpg

Really old cemetery I found behind my house.
Picture007-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

Chopsticks and a spoon I made with knife pictured
Picture001-1.jpg

aaron009-1.jpg

The reason for my forum handle
DonandRoxy041.jpg

DonandRoxy031.jpg

Gettin ready to throw a knife, with my foot in a walking cast 9 weeks after I dislocated my foot
Picture002.jpg

i'll play...

climbing at castle rock state park ca.. this place is awesome and it's only about 25 min. from my house...
IMG_1031-1.jpg

IMG_1045-1.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

some archery pics...
stuff029.jpg

i love archery golf....
IMG_1291.jpg

mini mtnfolk..
IMG_1259.jpg

359101607_da07ad5322.jpg

CA. redwoods are huge...
IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

Here are a few pics from my two Alaska trips. The first was two summers ago when I hiked the Chilkoot Trail. The second was with my dad on a fishing trip.

Thought this was a cool pic of the trail.
dsc01867wu6.jpg

This was at the top of the Golden Stairs. If you have ever seen the Alaskan gold rush pics where people are walking up a staircase carved out of snow, this is it.
dsc01915qe4.jpg

Now this outhouse has a view. This was on the Canadian side of the pass.
dsc01923cv3.jpg

This past summer my father and I went on a fishing trip in Alaska(he was jealous he didnt go the previous summer). Here we are with the days catch.
dsc02146bc3.jpg

Not a very inspiring sign that I saw right before we went fishing one day. I believe this was at Skilack Lake(sp?).
dsc02150zj4.jpg

Saw this pad when we were sea kayaking, don't remember which one at the moment. Sweet little house with a hot tub righ on the water and way out of the way.
dsc02201ss6.jpg

I don't have regular pics because I never remember to bring a camera unless its a big trip. I'll try to fix that though.

Truly some awesome pic guys!!!! It make me jealous that I live in such a flat state.

100_0927.jpg

100_0935.jpg

100_0920.jpg

100_0914-1.jpg

Split.jpg

Group.jpg

Bag.jpg

100_0853.jpg

100_0854.jpg

100_0836.jpg

The Pic above is a glacier field in PA that we hiked to last year with a good friend and co-worker.

P.S. I grew up in Fairfax County and spent many a summer on farms down around Lynchburg. What part are you in?

I grew up in the area between Mt. Vernon and Old Town Alexandria. I'm out near Dulles Airport these days. A good 45 minutes closer the the Mountains we have in Va. While I love Va., I wish I could move West!!

Murray Carter Muteki neck knife. I was lucky enough to trade for it, but I'm not sure where to get a new one. It is an excellent backpacking knife!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back