The one that started it all

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Since the Tusker seems to be the most requested this year, thought I'd post a pic of the first Big Boar Tusker I made. 8" blade. I don't do the choils as deep as this one anymore. Not necessary.
Scott

firsttusker.jpg

Forgot to mention, this one originally had mesquite scales. Unfortunately I cracked them and had to replace them with micarta.

Looks good, Scott. Shame about the mesquite, I've always wanted a knife with mesquite scales.

Only a deer whisperer could get a deer to hold still like that, you're a talented man.

Scott looks great! Anyone who spends time in the big timber understands why this is your number 1 design! There is nothing this knife can not accomplish!

Mike

Can I ask you a question about your Tuskers? Ive been eyeballing these for a while I know what blade shape and handle style I like, but I dont know what thickness. Is one better in your opinion, 3/16 or 1/4?

Can I ask you a question about your Tuskers? Ive been eyeballing these for a while I know what blade shape and handle style I like, but I dont know what thickness. Is one better in your opinion, 3/16 or 1/4?
Either will work fine but the 1/4" thickness will give you a bit more chopping power. If weight is a concern, then 3/16" would be the way to go. I do offer the BBT in 3/16" X 1 3/4". Effective chopping is more technique then swinging the knife like a madman. :D
Scott

Really nice seein a well used Tusker. Cool pic Scott. Wood is too delicate for me too. hahaha

I have spent some woods time with you and that Tusker. Still a great blade, I like the micarta handles more, less maintenance. She is like an old friend. You should keep a picture in your wallet, like one of your kids. LOL. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I have spent some woods time with you and that Tusker. Still a great blade, I like the micarta handles more, less maintenance. She is like an old friend. You should keep a picture in your wallet, like one of your kids. LOL. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys. Yes, it is like one of the kids. Although I don't beat on the kids like the owe me money even though they still are costing me money. :D
Scott

Back