The Original 0777

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughh.... Im just disgusted. I'm really at a loss of words. Im sure the knife community will stand behind Kershaw/ZT and
realize what kind of man Tony M is. No honor and no integrity.

A little while back there was a post in the general forum about chinese Striders. I posted that I WOULD purchase the fake. BOY WAS I STUPID.

After seeing this about MY MOST ANTICIPATED knife, I've changed my tune.

Kershaw has always been good to me. I will remain loyal to them.

I am almost 60 years old (yes I know) and it still amazes me when I hear stories like this. People justify all kinds of things to fit their own world. There is a clear line between right and wrong and when I cross it , I know I have crossed it, even if I can justify it, I still know I crossed it, and I have to fix it. This whole thing just makes me very sad about the world we live in and it takes away a piece of my joy. I know that there is nothing we can do to change others actions, we can only try to control our own. So I guess we could all try to take the high road, maybe that is where we can help others to change. To those of you that have stolen others work, I know you don't care , but you have made me very sad.

Well said, young man.

A little while back there was a post in the general forum about chinese Striders. I posted that I WOULD purchase the fake. BOY WAS I STUPID.

After seeing this about MY MOST ANTICIPATED knife, I've changed my tune.

Kershaw has always been good to me. I will remain loyal to them.
+1 it's never too late to gain insight into our actions.

Screw all this guys you know the deal it's obvious. Just buy what you think is right and don't buy what you think isn't. Done as for Kerahaw making an OTF, go ahead!!! Tony aint the only guy to ever make a switchblade, as quoted by Duane Dwyer at last years NYKS when questioned about the sng "proto" that was never a collab, but just made by tony, I dont give a rats ass I sold the one I had and made a profit.

Look, I love my MT's, I have a couple and all of them have given me years of good service. I'm probably not going to change my personal buying practices because of this or the public perception of MT, because at the end of the day a person should be motivated to buy the most quality items. However, at the current rate, I don't see MT staying in business for too much longer. Tony ran MSAR into the ground so now he's working his magic on the rest of the company.

Thomas if you don't sue them for the design patents, at least sue them for infringing on your lockbar design. Don't you all have that patented?

Screw all this guys you know the deal it's obvious. Just buy what you think is right and don't buy what you think isn't. Done as for Kerahaw making an OTF, go ahead!!! Tony aint the only guy to ever make a switchblade, as quoted by Duane Dwyer at last years NYKS when questioned about the sng "proto" that was never a collab, but just made by tony, I dont give a rats ass I sold the one I had and made a profit.

That's classy. All is well, as long as you made a profit. :rolleyes:

On a knife that will most likely never see use, the steel doesn't matter. it costs more than a sebenza and is a darn sight prettier. why would you want to use that?

Thomas, It is really sad to know that a company I though was decent has started to follow the examples of some chinese companies. harumph.

because its a beautiful 4 inch blade (that id rather show off than a sebenza or xm18) with a 4 oz weight with grippy looking medium thick handles and a flipper. that exceeds all my requirements for the perfect edc folder. people edc knives that cost more than the $480 msrp anyway so besides the limited nature of these i dont see whats wrong with using it for light to medium tasks.

Well, that's one more reason for me to consider getting rid of my Microtech Makora II.

Well supposedly it's Cowry Y steel, not Cowry X. I am interested in the statement that it is Cowry Y steel considering that Cowry Y was made in only one Japanese factory (Daido Steel), not available in the US, the production was discontinued years ago, and the last 150 lbs. of it was all purchased by Ken Onion. Post #12 http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/367499-Cowry-y-steel...

Also, why would you want to buy a few different, and most likely expensive, tri-wing screw tips in order to do simple adjustments to the knife when almost the whole knife making world uses standard Torx drivers?

youre right about the cowry Y story, thats pretty strange.

and i like the look of the tri wing screws it matches the design a lot more imho. and i dont plan on field stripping a knife like this anyway. a single tri wing bit attachment shouldnt cost that much either. itd be worth it for me personally, its not a huge game changer on the knife but i think its just a subtle improvement mod.

i personally dont like the look of most torx screws. i love when makers put different styles and even interesting pivots like on the umnumzaan or the 777

Like a few of you, I was thinking about the purchase of a Microtech (Scarab in this case) sometime into the next year, and like you good folks, it will NOT happen now. I've had MT's before, and liked them, but there always seemed to be something going on with Microtech, and it's owner. You would hear a little remark here and there that cast TM in a disparaging manner.

I do this for a couple reason's, with the number 1 reason being loyal to Kershaw, and the second, shame on an American company for thievery like MT has done. Why loyalty to Kershaw, because they make knives that are worthy, have one SUPERB customer service department, and they maintain a presence here at BF with a real person, and by real I mean a person who relates to us, a person who goes out of his way to be here, and a person who talk's the knife lingo along with the non-knife lingo.;) Yea for Thomas W. a man who, in my book, rates loyalty. Yes I'm fishing for brownie points!:D But I DO believe what I wrote!:thumbup::thumbup:

Been out of touch with MT though, well except for the Scarab I had thought about, what is the MSAR thing I've heard? If someone could post a link I would be appreciative.

I always believe that in the end, good will overcome evil, and right will outshine wrong. Maybe you think I'm naive to think that, I don't though.

Btw, what do the ho's have to do with this...........could they be the ones who passed the plans to TM???

Last edited:
Like a few of you, I was thinking about the purchase of a Microtech (Scarab in this case) sometime into the next year, and like you good folks, it will NOT happen now. I've had MT's before, and liked them, but there always seemed to be something going on with Microtech, and it's owner. You would hear a little remark here and there that cast TM in a disparaging manner.

I do this for a couple reason's, with the number 1 reason being loyal to Kershaw, and the second, shame on an American company for thievery like MT has done. Why loyalty to Kershaw, because they make knives that are worthy, have one SUPERB customer service department, and they maintain a presence here at BF with a real person, and by real I mean a person who relates to us, a person who goes out of his way to be here, and a person who talk's the knife lingo along with the non-knife lingo.;) Yea for Thomas W. a man who, in my book, rates loyalty. Yes I'm fishing for brownie points!:D But I DO believe what I wrote!:thumbup::thumbup:

Been out of touch with MT though, well except for the Scarab I had thought about, what is the MSAR thing I've heard? If someone could post a link I would be appreciative.

I always believe that in the end, good will overcome evil, and right will outshine wrong. Maybe you think I'm naive to think that, I don't though.

Btw, what do the ho's have to do with this...........could they be the ones who passed the plans to TM???
Some info on MSAR:
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=43&t=338710
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/printthread.php?threadid=314683
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-127998.html?

There's some talk of the MSAR division and bankruptcy, in addition to customer service going down.

I saw them in sales and for sale pictures and have read simiar threads about their problems. Over $3k for that plastic POS is a luxury for rich guys I guess, I'd want to storm their headquarters and get a refund myself. Well, not really I'd probably get shot by Microtech thugs. :mad:

Hi guys!
I've always liked Kershaw knives for their originality and quality. I was very puzzled when I saw the 777 model.

I should say that I do not have the one model of the knife, which could be inspired for creating 777, while lines look very familiar.

Also, I was surprised when I saw the locking system 777. The fact is that in December 2008 I put on the big Russian forum "guns.ru" pictures of my knife with a my new locking system which I called "modified frame". "Subframe" is identical to my locking system. Honestly I do not know what to think.
It's a picture of "modified frame"

00148c3p

I tried to contact Kershaw through the options available on the site for possible cooperation, but received no response
I'm not a frequent visitor to the forums and I'm glad I found this topic.

Thaks, Dmitry
(( paid membership needed for signature line ))

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys!
I've always liked Kershaw knives for their originality and quality. I was very puzzled when I saw the 777 model.

I should say that I do not have the one model of the knife, which could be inspired for creating 777, while lines look very familiar.

Also, I was surprised when I saw the locking system 777. The fact is that in December 2008 I put on the big Russian forum "guns.ru" pictures of my knife with a my new locking system which I called "modified frame". "Subframe" is identical to my locking system. Honestly I do not know what to think.

00148c3p

I tried to contact Kershaw through the options available on the site for possible cooperation, but received no response

Thanks, Dmitry

So what's your point? You are the originator of the now much copied ZT 0777? Excuse me but I don't understand you sir.

Welcome to the forum Dmitry!

You seem to have made one heck of a knife that most anyone would be happy to carry.

In terms of function, your "modified frame" does appear to be similar to the "subframe" in that it involves a scale and a lock bar that are made of two different materials and mechanically joined together.

Is that the aspect of the knife that you are referring to? Is there anything additional that better or further defines your creation and it's similarity to the 0777?

Hi guys!

00148c3p

Thanks, Dmitry

IMO, your frame lock looks much like the original frame lock design that has been replicated un-countable times.

I am not so serious about me to consider myself a cornerstone of which inspired the creation of ZT 0777. But who knows ... But I do know that the "modified frame" appeared earlier than the "subframe" for 3 years and its pictures were published in Russia's largest arms portal.This makes me think that the idea of this type of frame lock belongs to me and maybe ... I repeat maybe ... was adopted by one of the ZT

IMO, your frame lock looks much like the original frame lock design that has been replicated un-countable times.

It's made of two materials joined together, one material for the scale and one for the lock bar. I think that he's claiming "ownership" of the idea of joining the two together in this manner, but I'm waiting to hear confirmation from the designer on this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back