the pocket cutlass

The pocket cutlass is one of my favorites. In fact the picture above is the knife that I carry. Although, it now has a nice patina.

Here's one with G-11 scales.

This last one was photographed by Chuck Ward and has appeared in Blade Magazine as well as the just released Knives 2011.

Allen- what are the dimensions ? Pocket sized isn't quite descriptive enough for me.

3.25" blade

oal @ 6.25-6.5''?

Last edited:
You just about nailed it on the size. The pocket cutlass is about 6 1/2'' overall and has a blade length of almost 3 1/4''.

Last edited:
She's not my style, that said, I can appreciate a beautiful blade when I see one:thumbup:

OK,what is the coppery color on the blade,looks good.(last pic)

I think this information has been posted somewhere else on the forums before, but I haven't had any luck searching it. Allen, clue us in:D

I differentially harden the blade either using clay or as in this case an edge quench. Then I etch the blade in a solution that contains copper. Then I rub and buff off the copper that will come off. If it looks the way I want it to, I finish the knife. If not, grind off the copper and try it again.

I differentially harden the blade either using clay or as in this case an edge quench. Then I etch the blade in a solution that contains copper. Then I rub and buff off the copper that will come off. If it looks the way I want it to, I finish the knife. If not, grind off the copper and try it again.
Thanks Allen.

The more I see the Cutlass The more I want one. What is the price range and availability?
john

Right now they are generally between $150 and $235+. I will send you an email about availability. (It looks like you aren't set up for email or messages. So send an email to newberry@newbberryknives.com and I will fill you in on availability.)

Back