The REK Sparrow front flipper thread

woodysone woodysone DocJekl DocJekl

Don’t want ya to miss out! ;)

Thanks! Even though I was overseas, I got in on this as soon as I saw the newsletter!

I did not even see your post until today, the second day after we returned from our trip Saturday. However, I do get email notifications when I get a private message, nudge nudge, wink, wink 🤗

I love your attention to detail on the fit and finish! These really do feel like custom knives, with so much hands on work being done.
This statement is spot on. Josh is a popular guy and his work is wanted and I still believe he is one of the most under-rated knife makers out there right now. 100% hands down.

This statement is spot on. Josh is a popular guy and his work is wanted and I still believe he is one of the most under-rated knife makers out there right now. 100% hands down.

Don't forget, I mentioned before that my PM3 Re-Blade in S90V Wharncliffe with purple Akhmedov Aramis scales and REK clip is in my top 5-10 knives owned! Everything about it feels as high quality as one of my Herman, Koenig, Holt, or Shirogorov knives. The action is so freaking smooth and so controlled, and every thing is fit just perfectly together and centered - he even notched the lanyard tube to prevent blade contact, and did a machine satin to the flat of the clip to match the blade.

This will be like a Ti frame lock version of what I already have 😍 Not trying to go off-topic, but have to include pics as proof.

IMG_6872.JPGIMG_6871.JPG

Don't forget, I mentioned before that my PM3 Re-Blade in S90V Wharncliffe with purple Akhmedov Aramis scales and REK clip is in my top 5-10 knives owned! Everything about it feels as high quality as one of my Herman, Koenig, Holt, or Shirogorov knives. The action is so freaking smooth and so controlled, and every thing is fit just perfectly together and centered - he even notched the lanyard tube to prevent blade contact, and did a machine satin to the flat of the clip to match the blade.

This will be like a Ti frame lock version of what I already have 😍 Not trying to go off-topic, but have to include pics as proof.
Thanks for sharing brother! I was thinking the other day, are the pm3 reblade builds the only compression lock front flipper on the market currently? I can't think of another out there but I'm not super familiar with current happenings lol

Wow! only THREE?
My three main are Carothers Performance Knives, Vehement Knives, and Les George.

So far this year CPK has cost me $2,400 and Les has cost me $1,250 even after my DLT points, and my book order from VK from 2021 is almost done (though with that one I'd already saved since I got my book spot and my budget envelope for it is now paid in full at $25 per paycheck. One of the side benefits of guys who work on Knifemaker Time (TM) is that "two weeks" usually means three years, so a little bit every two weeks gets the whole knife paid for before it's ready. 🤣).

So I feel like with spending like that I gotta rein it in somewhere!

Thanks for sharing brother! I was thinking the other day, are the pm3 reblade builds the only compression lock front flipper on the market currently? I can't think of another out there but I'm not super familiar with current happenings lol

I googled for more info:

Spyderco unleashed the compression lock in the year 2000 and got a utility patent in 2003.

Then a Reddit post asking the same question last August

I saw in there that "Vosteed Mayhem uses the same as the Smock. Button actuated compression lock." I did recently suggest (in private) that you could try making your own custom model based on the Para 3 re-blade...

Just got finished watching the 7th installment of the WIP videos up on YouTube 🤔. With all the hand work that goes into these, I’m having trouble with the classification as mid-tech. I’m guessing it has something to do with numbers, 1 vs. 10?
Either way I appreciate all your skill being used to produce such a fine pocket knife🤗

If you're asking me the Sparrow is a custom, hands down.

Awesome work Josh, Ive been following along on your video's I still hate myself for waiting to long on your pre-order.

Back