The St Patricks Day Sunday Picture Show (March 17th, 2024)

guess I should do a green knife one for the theme today.....
20240317-184351.jpg

who can't see my pics? let me know....thanks.

The old threads are locked, because forum vets get angry when noobs resurrect old posts. When I started here, this was wierd to me because other forums I have been part of get angry when there are several threads on the same subject. I noticed that here, the membership would generally like you to start new threads. I see advantages to both ways. Either way, it's not Roger's fault that this happened, or quite frankly, anyone here in the Buck community. Gross negligence on the part of the owner has caused this. I dont think theres anyone more upset than me about the inability to post pics. The green 196 above is the only knife ive purchased on this forum. Ive sold one knife that i really wanted to trade for something else. There is literally no "value" in the fee ive paid to belong here. I just enjoy sharing my photos with yall, seeing yours, and learning a little bit more than I knew before. We will have to work through it. I dont think anyone has purposefully hijacked your quota. I will contribute because I get enjoyment out of the community. Not sure what will happen when I have to renew. This is the only social media I use. No ig. No fb. Not even youtube. No games on my phone... lol... sharing pics with other Buck lovers is the only reason I'm here. Hopefully ownership figures out what he has.
A lot of things are working against us. The locked threads.

The anti necro policies. The same questions are asked over and over so I’ve posted the same pictures to answer the same questions over and over again. I never knew to post them from my attachments. That should be an easier more obvious option

Also from your attachments the picture may be in many threads, but you only get to see the first thread it is in.

Those of us who post pictures to help the community are now the “worst offenders”

It’s all very discouraging. I hope it gets sorted, without gutting these old photo threads.

In the mean time the directive is not to delete pictures so it’s probably best to leave the Sunday picture shows locked for now.

I
Happy St. Patrick's Day SPS ☘️

Roger DeSotoSky DeSotoSky mentions "Irish Bacon" above. Not knowing what "Irish Bacon" was I went on an interwebs search 🧐 Found that it is back bacon, more like Canadian Bacon than American bacon. This then led to the obvious question of why the traditional St. Patrick's Day meal on this side of the pond is corned beef and not bacon 🤔 Apparently it started with Irish immigrants living in close proximity to Jewish neighborhoods in New York and Boston. They found that the traditional Jewish corned beef was less expensive than their traditional salted pork. I'm a little surprised that beef was cheaper than pork 🤷‍♂️

Everybody have a good one :)

This is one of my favorite st Patty's facts. Corned beef was traditionally salty and fatty and not desired. It was what most Irish immigrants could afford to serve on the holiday. A reminder of where my family came from. Also a reminder that most of us started at the bottom when we immigrated to the great melting pot.

Removed photos . Did not realize I was posting onto a BUCK KNIFE thread .
Harry

Last edited:
I really like Buck's Paperstone and wish 1) I had gotten an Ecolite when I had the chance and 2) Paperstone would make a comeback.

I don't know anything about this 55 other than it's perfect in my pocket. I haven't found anything about a Paperstone 55 in old catalogues, so it's a bit of a mystery to me.

Buck still uses PaperStone on the cutlery knives so there is always hope!
That PaperStone 055 is nagging at me. What is the date code year? Anyone else have one?

Back