The Sunday Picture Show... (5-7-2017) ... OLD SHOW LOOK at the DATE...

Thanks for another show ITE! Great pics everyone.

Nothing exactly special from me today, but I am super happy with my newest acquisition.

Here it is between two other favorites, my standard 119 (which I carried and used during a SAR field survival test), and my 124, which has been ever so slightly modified (hand polished the scales).

It also seems to fair quite well as a wet weather blade, which is a great trait to have in my environment.

Mix and Match. The model 704 Maverick is the single blade (Solitaire) version of the 3 bladed model 703 Colt. Here I have a model 703 with a 704 blade and a model 704 with a 703 blade. The 704 with the 'MAGNA' shield can be found on the 1991 Special Projects list.

703.704.blade.060412%20%201_zpspqc8gsgr.jpg

703.704.blade.060412%20%202_zpsqm508kzo.jpg

704.MAGNA.050717%20%201_zpsziapdkou.jpg

704.MAGNA.050717%20%202_zpsrmt7pnss.jpg

Last edited:
Found this 110 with the Deer profile cut-out yesterday. Has the 100 year medallion so I assume it's a 2002 issue. Came naked, no box or sheath but the price was right. If anyone has one of these with the original box I'd love to know the model code / catalog number.

110.Deer.Cutout.100yr.050717%20%201_zpslgtp21cz.jpg

Last edited:
Good Morning Armand Thank You for the efforts it takes each week to keep this show going.
Today I have some Buck / Qual- a -Tec M9's with each having a different font. there were supposedly only 3. The first is nowhere to be found I have the 2nd thru the 4th which can be found but then I found an Odd ball Which I have no idea where it fits in? These four I sent to Buck to have beadblasted and they sent them back, NO CHARGE!! What a fantastic Company that takes care of their customers. Just to add Weather Tech also takes care of their customers, I had a rain shield for the side windows on my car and one came loose and blew away and they sent me a new pair NO CHARGE!!

Oddball Skinny Font

M9s%20different%20Fonts%20005_zpsjwouo5jy.jpg

4th Version of Generation 4 (big Font)

M9s%20different%20Fonts%20004_zpsz8yrr8hf.jpg

Third Version 3 Liner

M9s%20different%20Fonts%20002_zpstygwnili.jpg

Second version Flat top " M "
M9s%20different%20Fonts%20003_zpsa4stpy8w.jpg

M9s%20different%20Fonts%20006_zpsrx2o8njy.jpg
Very nice pics, Michael. I am looking for 3 line version myself to but on a new AR build. Saw the very first version you spoke of sell recently. Nice to know Buck will do a bead blast at the spa.

Hello MaxCast
Well these M9's are easy to take apart, I really don't know what you would have to change. Most likely the rear attachment that anchor's to the male part on the rifle. I just reread your post, do you mean the one that I have never seen? Do you mean that was on the bay, I wish I would have seen it. Look under M9's and I saw 3 of the 4 for sale, didn't see the flat top M. Many 3 liners. It took me a while to get a flat top. Yes the bead-blast came out nice, these knives were used and dirty from going in and out of the sheath, I wanted to have them cleaned.

Last edited:
Very nice pics, Michael. I am looking for 3 line version myself to but on a new AR build. Saw the very first version you spoke of sell recently. Nice to know Buck will do a bead blast at the spa.
I was in Joe H office the other day and he mentioned that the Bead blasting of M9 can reveal Pitts in the blade. There was some done recently this happened to. It does bring them back to new though.

Nice show everyone. Some real cool stuff.

Hello MaxCast
Well these M9's are easy to take apart, I really don't know what you would have to change. Most likely the rear attachment that anchor's to the male part on the rifle. I just reread your post, do you mean the one that I have never seen? Do you mean that was on the bay, I wish I would have seen it. Look under M9's and I saw 3 of the 4 for sale, didn't see the flat top M. Many 3 liners. It took me a while to get a flat top. Yes the bead-blast came out nice, these knives were used and dirty from going in and out of the sheath, I wanted to have them cleaned.

Yes, I mean the very first with the date mark. $XXXX. Search highest first.
Question, were all the 4 lines made by Buck?
Mine will be a used knife to put on the rifle, not so much as a collector piece I just want it to be made by Buck. That is why I will probably stay away from the Buck "consumer" issue that came out at the end of the M9's production. Those go for a bit more.

Thanks for the insight, Makael. I'll keep that in mind when looking.

There are trial bayonets that have XM9 that were sent to the Army for XM9 trials. The only all Buck M9 were the 5000 made for the Marines and are marked M9-USMC Buck + USA in 1991 which + is the symbol for 1991, I have three of those and they are hard to come by. Most others were a collaboration with Buck and Qual-A-TEC who went with PHROBIS as a moniker. The newer M9's are made by Ontario Knife Company and Lan Cay Knife Company. If interested go to the library and get the book Buckmaster Knives, The Authorized History by Richard Neyman. It shows The Buckmaster which I think is an unbeatable knife but also the M9.

27a72753-7e12-4f40-b813-3c207527d26f_zpsd6hepyvk.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know, I don't own an AR-15. I thought you knew. I can tell you that there is a clip on the end of the M9 that you have to press two spring clips to open up and release when it is slid over an attachment on the barrel. I don't know if that is a universal attachment. That is on all of my M9's and if the AR-15 was used by the marines in 1991 then it should work. The M9 was first introduced around 1986.

Last edited:
I just looked it up,during the Gulf War in 1991 the infantry used the M-16. I see your from SW Michigan. I used to play in Kalamazoo, the college there, my friends went to and the girls were friendly, many years ago.

Last edited:
MaxCast, the M9 will fit on ARs with 14" and 20" barrels with the A1-A2 front sight with bayonet lug. HTH, Preston
ETA...should have the A1-A2 birdcage flash hider

I read if your front sight has a bayonet lug then the M9 will fit. I just googled will an M9 fit an AR-15 and a person answered the question. I would do your own research and double check what I found. Ah there you go, Thanks Preston

Thanks guys, I didn't think they changed the attachment point. It has an A2 front sight.
I hope we did not take the SPS too far off track. I will start an new thread if I have anymore questions.
And I will be sure to submit a pic to the SPS when I get one attached to the AR.

Preston, I did not make a copy of a M16 or certain era rifle, I just put together my first one which has an A2 sight and flash hider.

Michael, I went to Western MI U way back in 1988.

There Ya go. I couldn't remember the name of the university. I'm talking mid 70's. Had a great time visiting my friends off campus. I remember a place with a bunch of pool tables. Gotta Go Dr. Appt.

Back