The Yataghan

Hello All,

Once upon a time I had the oppertunity to hold and play with a yataghan. As soon as I picked it up I could tell that the balance was right on. It felt like a perfect extension of my arm. No, like the piece of my arm that was always missing. Anyway I'm getting close to the point that I can have one made. Got any tips? What I'm looking for is specifics like on how traditional handles are made. I'd like to try and stick to tradtion, but if gets in the way of how I want the sword it's gonna go. Also the one I held and all of the pictures I could find show the yataghan with no guard. I'd personally like a little something to protect my hand. Any ideas? If anyone has any good pics please post them. I'm relying on the expertice of the forum for advice. Thanks.

- D

Come on! I know somebody here knows something! 3 days and no reply. I think this forum needs some ants in the pants.

- D

I have a european made yataghan sword bayonet but I don't think that's what you want. It's got a brass handle with latch to fit on rifle.

Back