Off Topic These English handmade Industrial scissors are coming next week

I can`t wait; I`ll review `em both when they land on Tuesday.

William Whiteley & Sons 127 mm Electricians Scissors​

William_Whiteley_&_Sons_127_mm_Electricians_Scissors.jpg

William Whiteley & Sons 10 in Heavy Duty Shears​

William_Whiteley_&_Sons_10_in_Heavy_Duty_Shears.jpg

From the manufacturer -

"Composite Shear – Glass Fibre OAL 10” Length of cut 5” Forged from high carbon tool steel Specially designed to cut glass fibre Xylan coating aids cutting performance Specially ground and set blades contribute to a ten-fold improvement in cutting life over standard shears Serrated blade holds loose fibres to improve cutting performance Can be used with pre-peg ''wet'' processes Shear also available with rounded points in order to avoid the tips snagging the fibres of loose weaves often associated with these materials Composite Shear – Carbon Fibre OAL 10” Length of cut 5” Forged from high carbon tool steel Specially designed to cut carbon fibre Xylan coating aids cutting performance Specially ground and set blades contribute to a ten-fold improvement in cutting life over standard shears Serrated blade holds loose fibres to improve cutting performance Can be used with pre-peg ''wet'' processes Shear also available with rounded points in order to avoid the tips snagging the fibres of loose weaves often associated with these materials"

WHITELEY-HEAVY-DUTY-AND-ELECTRICIANS.jpg

Well both pairs landed and they will definitely outlast me.
The quality of both are amazing.

Of course they are both bombproof scissors and seriously sharp.
The big black ones make a lovely sound whilst cutting any material - nothing fazes them; they`re effortless.
The big black heavy duty 10" shears weigh 400 grams (14 ounces approx) and the electricians scissors weigh 150 grams (6 ounces approx).
They are meant for commercial and industrial use, cutting fibre glass and stripping wire all day - everyday for years on end.

Last edited:
Back