they say immitation is the sincerest form of flattery

man i was surfing around another one of my hangouts and found this site mentioned. i started looking around and this is what i found in the 2 minutes i was there.

http://www.yjkk.com/english/prodetail.asp?productID=X1287

if thats not down right plagorism i don't know what is.my guess is that when benchmade outsourced some of there production to china,someone got ahold of the plans and put crap like this on the market. don't get me wrong,everyones gotta make a buck somehow,but stealing someone else's shit aint the way to go about doing it. there is nothing pimp about being a thief. crap like this does nothing good for the knife industry,the american economy,or the knife makers like mike who bust there ass to make a good name for themselves. people buy these cheap imitations and get dissapointed with thier crappy performance and then associate them with the real deal. think twice before you buy guys.keep it real.keep it original. keep it money. keep it 100% $NODY

Cheapass POS coated Warmonger ripoff,,,,,,,, and as everyone knows,,,,,knockoffs fall the fuck apart right after you buy em !!!!!!!!!! I always want the $$REALDEAL$$ ,,,,,,,, an that shit ain't IT !!!!!!!! I put down my paper for the $$MONEY$$ ,,,,, not the Crap!!!!!!!

It appears they sell a bunch of Benchmades,,,,,Striders ,,,,and I even noticed a Chris Reeve fixed blade!!!!! (with the Logo's on em) ,,,,,, either way..... don't want a benchmade version of Snody's work,,,,want Snody's work ,,, pimped ,, custom $$MONEY$$ !!!!!

Last edited:
theres all kinds of fake ass copies on there.they have even went so far as to put the actual logos on! i've even heard other people say that the boxes are the real deal to.

Ain't nothing wrong with the Benchmade Snody Designs. They are great knives and their purchase puts food on Mike's table.

Knockoffs on the other hand steal from his family.

Mike is no stranger to this garbage. Maybe he'll share his flea-market story with us.

Pimps up//Knockoffs down.

Ain't nothing wrong with the Benchmade Snody Designs. They are great knives and their purchase puts food on Mike's table.

Knockoffs on the other hand steal from his family.

Mike is no stranger to this garbage. Maybe he'll share his flea-market story with us.

Pimps up//Knockoffs down.

no one here thinks there is anything wrong with benchmades. i myself own several. but when companys outsource thier production to other countrys this is what happens. crkt,spyderco,boker,cold steel, and countless others have been the victims of these crimes. the purpose of this post is to inform people that counterfits are out there and to be aware of what youre buying.if a deal seems to good to be true,it probably is.

It's not only companies who outsource. I have seen fake Emersons and Stryders. And as for as I know I don't think they outsource anything, except maybe screw or something like that. CR on the other hand has allot of there machining done in South Africa, I don't think they have anything done in china, and the same thing happens to them.

Also, all of the fake Benchmades are models that are made here, except some random designs that just have a fake logo stamped on them.
Have yet to see a fake red class. lol

no one here thinks there is anything wrong with benchmades. i myself own several. but when companys outsource thier production to other countrys this is what happens. crkt,spyderco,boker,cold steel, and countless others have been the victims of these crimes. the purpose of this post is to inform people that counterfits are out there and to be aware of what youre buying.if a deal seems to good to be true,it probably is.

I was specifically referencing RoNNiE's statement "don't want a Benchmade version of Snody's work..." That is all. I was trying to say that there is a big difference between licensed pieces and knockoffs.

I've been around knives in general and have enough Snody customs and BM/Spyderco Snodys in particular to know of what I speak. But thank you for taking the time to educate me in regards to the purpose of this post. I was totally lost before. ;)

i dont think ronnie was bashing benchmade by any means. i think he just meant that if he had the choice between a benchmade version and a real "made by mike himself" snody that he would choose the snody,as would i and about 99.9 percent of the people on here. to the other .1 percent,its still a snody, just not a "made by snody".

It's not only companies who outsource. I have seen fake Emersons and Stryders. And as for as I know I don't think they outsource anything, except maybe screw or something like that. CR on the other hand has allot of there machining done in South Africa, I don't think they have anything done in china, and the same thing happens to them.

Also, all of the fake Benchmades are models that are made here, except some random designs that just have a fake logo stamped on them.
Have yet to see a fake red class. lol

not to sound like a prick,but if you check benchmades website the JUJU which is benchmades version of the WARMONGER,is indeed a red class knife. the knife in the link doesnt have a benchmade logo on it but i get what youre saying though bro. there are alot of "high end" knives on there that are copies to the trained eye. the sad thing is this is happening all over the place,not just the knife industry.

man i was surfing around another one of my hangouts and found this site mentioned. i started looking around and this is what i found in the 2 minutes i was there.

http://www.yjkk.com/english/prodetail.asp?productID=X1287

if thats not down right plagorism i don't know what is.my guess is that when benchmade outsourced some of there production to china,someone got ahold of the plans and put crap like this on the market. don't get me wrong,everyones gotta make a buck somehow,but stealing someone else's shit aint the way to go about doing it. there is nothing pimp about being a thief. crap like this does nothing good for the knife industry,the american economy,or the knife makers like mike who bust there ass to make a good name for themselves. people buy these cheap imitations and get dissapointed with thier crappy performance and then associate them with the real deal. think twice before you buy guys.keep it real.keep it original. keep it money. keep it 100% $NODY

Thanks for keeping it real Bro...

I appreciate you exposing the thieves...

It is completely out of control..

They are actually at the SHOT Show with digital cameras...They walk the floor taking pictures and email them to Asia right then,,,that day... They can convert to CAD or NC files in minutes..One dimension off the piece and the rest is simple...Child Labor and Inferior Metals..(ie non hardening stainless)

They are importing pieces like that for about $1.00

I have been fortunate in the fact that over 40 off my designs have gone into production...Nearly every one of them has been knocked off..

If a maker introduces a Hot Pattern it is going to get knocked off..

That is one of the reasons we work so hard to promote my knives...

When they get knocked off I want people to know the origin of the design.

Thanks again for watching my back..

Much Respect...

Last edited:

They are actually at the SHOT Show with digital cameras...They walk the floor taking pictures and email them to Asia right then,,,that day... They can convert to CAD or NC files in minutes..One dimension off the piece and the rest is simple...Child Labor and Inferior Metals..(ie non hardening stainless)

Ugh, that's getting pretty bad.

Awesome work guys......the haters and outright thieves don't have a chance with $nody's Crew out there looking out!! We are exposing and putting these guys back under the rocks they crawled out from under!!

I'd never buy a knockoff (at least not knowingly).. I want quality out of my blades and I want to support the makers that create them...

Awesome work guys......the haters and outright thieves don't have a chance with $nody's Crew out there looking out!! We are exposing and putting these guys back under the rocks they crawled out from under!!

Real Talk..

We must remain vigilant...

Thanks for keeping it real Bro...

I appreciate you exposing the thieves...

I have been fortunate in the fact that over 40 off my designs have gone into production...Nearly every one of them has been knocked off..

If a maker introduces a Hot Pattern it is going to get knocked off..

That is one of the reasons we work so hard to promote my knives...

When they get knocked off I want people to know the origin of the design.

Thanks again for watching my back..

Much Respect...

that just makes me sick to my stomach man.i can only imagine how it makes you feel. we all got your back homie. keep on shinin and grindin, we will catch'em ridin dirty

What I worry about more than anything else with the fakes is someone not knowing buying one and seriously injuring themselves. You guys have seen both the crappy fakes and the very good ones. Some are easy to spot, others are very hard.

Getting the word out there is important, reporting that you find to *bay or whoever is the right thing to do also...education and knowing what you're looking at is critical.

Bottom line is: fakes rip us all off and that sucks.

Thanks for your comments Mike!

Back