thick thicker schanz;-)

here some of the thickest knives i ever made...

thickness 1/2" - without words - just have look..
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

made this ones for the guildshow orlando

they´re all 12,7mm - thats a little thicker than 1/2" ;-)))))
the knife in the middle of the three ones is a strider....

Man that is way over kill but still cool to look at. What steel are they made out of? What do they wiegh? I'd like to hear the story if you ever get one back broken.

@tir
the monsters;-)) are made from 440c hardened to 59 rockwell.
the weight ist different from 1 kg up to moore...

when i´ve finished the rest of them i´ll make some good pictures and than i can give you all the details - the pieces i show here are sold - so i cannot say the right measures...

Not necessarily, buy one for each hand, and perform 40 chopping reps a day with each one.

DAMN! I thought i had a thick blade with my 6.3 mm Extrema Ratio Harpoon F... it is dwarfed by that monster... :eek: Cool looking design, man.
Thanks for sharing the pics! Impressive!

What ever you do do NOT drop that sucker on your toe. If it didn't cut it off it would shatter it into little bitty pieces. ;)

I am working on a 7mm Karambit blade and though that it was thick! :rolleyes:
Nice exercise in design and concept.

Juergen, I really like the tanto. Like a "Kingsize" Futur it seems. Like Lagarto said, good chopper. Is this a one time run or a catalog item for your website. Kevin

in the moment i´ll make some new ones - the same as here shown, but with different handle materials - for me its allways a problem to get the 440c in this thickness:))))))

Hi Jürgen!

Those are awesome! A similarly sized beast may well be the next custom we gotta talk about. ;)

Tim Meister

I'm curious.
Even a laser would find it's difficult to cut S/S this thick.
:confused:

You use EDM? or Wire Cut?
:confused:

I tried not to miss a good opportunity to keep my mouth shut, but I just can't.

What is your reasoning behind this?

With 1/2" thick steel, 1/2 width grinds, and NO tapers in either the blade or the tangs.... all I can ask is WHY???

-Nick-
http://www.wheelerknives.com

Back