Things you'd like to see out of Redmeadow Knives?

Interesting. Never used that feature, but there have been many times where I have started a message and then left the page for whatever reason, and when I come back the text is still there. Haven't tested it to see how long it lasts though.

aIcMq3L.jpg

There is an 'auto save' feature. While typing a reply you'll see 'Draft saved' appear then disappear in the lower right corner.

Once that appears, your draft will be saved for that thread indefinitely.

aIcMq3L.jpg

There is an 'auto save' feature. While typing a reply you'll see 'Draft saved' appear then disappear in the lower right corner.

Once that appears, your draft will be saved for that thread indefinitely.

Yep, have seen that. So if that's the case, what's the point of the Save/Delete Draft feature? Seems redundant.

Yep, have seen that. So if that's the case, what's the point of the Save/Delete Draft feature? Seems redundant.

I use it just to be sure. You can type after the Draft saved feature, leave the page and lose part of your post.

If you type something then have second thoughts about posting it but the Draft saved feature has kept it, you can use the delete feature or your draft will be there every time you go to the thread. I use this more times than you can imagine in W&C :p. Type it. Re-read it. Think "do I really want to put a dog in this fight?". Delete draft.

saved for that thread indefinitely
The auto draft seems to work well, I use it a lot when I'm typing and an alert comes in. I'll check the alert and come back and the draft is always there. This time I thought I'd try the manual save since I replied to probably a dozen posts. Came back later and it was gone. Maybe it dumps them after a few hours?

Whenever I start a thread I usually type it up elsewhere and paste it in here, I'll have to start doing that with long posts.

Ok, gonna stash these here for now.

Loveless style Drop Point Hunter and Chute Knife variants

another run of the D-guard Bowies

stacked birch bark handle?

4-5in blade with stacked leather handle

kitchen knife

friction folder

Kwaiken style blade?

dagger/boot knife

wharncliffe version of his Pocket Blade with green micarta finished in a rougher grit.

hollow grinds.

sgian-dubh

chef's knife

Do you plan on trying stacked leather on any of these?

Very informative video, John, thanks for taking the time. I'm Embry, btw (probably worse than Belloc, lol). I'd forgotten about Indiana Jones' Belloc (mine is from Hillaire). I make wood wall-hanging type stuff here (www.legacycrests.com).

I just said tomahawk because everyone needs a good tomahawk for, you know, various war scenarios and, um, intruders and such. And to hang on the wall and show visitors, throw at trees, scare your daughter's date, and so forth. Tomahawks are very practical.
But a patch-sized/styled knife with leather handle might come in handy, too.

Made me late for work watching your video John! :) Fun watch, and hope you got some sleep. That 6" or so little guy in stacked leather sounds like an awesome idea! I love looking at the big knives, but realistically for my use, the little ones see more carry and use (urban office dweller).

I know I mentioned these ideas before, but I would like to see Redmeadow make something like a Kephart and/or something in the bushcraft style knife. When I get a chance these are a couple I wouldn't mind making a few of.

On third thought, it's with much chagrin that I mention my disappointment after noticing now that spears, Claymore swords, and Claymore mines weren't mentioned in the otherwise outstanding video above. Hopefully management will be made aware of this unfortunate turn of events before we have to get Karen from Accounting involved... o_O

I enjoyed that video :thumbsup:
That Bowie at the end is freakin killer. I think that's your calling, John ;)

Thanks for addressing the birch bark handle idea. BTW, not specifically interested in a puukko. I'm more interested in stacked BB as a handle on something you design. I dug up my Russian fixed blade from ROS Arms that has stacked BB as part of the handle makeup.

20200228_081910 by Pine Moon, on Flickr

20200228_081729 by Pine Moon, on Flickr

20200228_081758 by Pine Moon, on Flickr

This knife has a micarta guard and butt.
I think you'd bring a serious A-game to a stacked BB handle, John. You rock the stacked leather. BB is along that line and there ain't many making BB handles. Just another way to add some distinction :)

And looks like it's true, at least on the video. You were born a ramblin' man. Trying to make a living and doing the best you can :thumbsup:
I for one appreciate your philosophy of getting us affordable customs :thumbsup:
Keep it up, brother :cool:

I make wood wall-hanging type stuff here (www.legacycrests.com).
Those look incredible Embry, so much detail, very nice work.

Sheldon, Youtube must have censored ny other video. It was 4 and a half hours of the Spearmore build, a claymore sword attached to the end of a spear with "front towards enemy" on the blade.:eek:

If you guys want more videos like that just say the word. Sometimes it's easier just to shoot a video than type something up that gets the context right.

Back