Thinking about a heat treat oven, need help on some specifics

Thinking about taking the plunge into a heat treat oven. Most of what I do is in AEB-L and I'm sure I will be asking for advice on how to heat treat, but it does look fairly straight forward and doable for a non pro like me. I'm looking at the Paragon double barrel 24 and the Evenheat KO 22.5. I'm pretty sold on the Paragon based on what Ed has shared here but have a few questions:
1. The Evenheat indicates it goes to 2400 degrees and the Paragon 2350. However the Paragon is rated at a much higher wattage. Do you think the Paragon heats up faster, and does that 50 degrees make much difference or is Evenheat just rounding it up?
2. Paragon's double barrel has coils on top, do you think that would make for more even heat process?
3. It appears both Sentry3 and Tap control panels are very similar, any comments on either.
4. Evenheat offers an electronic "quiet" system, what do you think of that?
5. The Paragon is much smaller inside than the Evenheat, is a 4.25" height enough?
6. Any other thoughts or comments would be most appreciated.

I've got the evenheat myself, with the rampmaster controller (tap wasn't around when I bought it). I've had it for probably 4 years now, and still not a single complaint. It's done quite a few hundred knives, as well as dozens of machine shop projects. I'm planning on ordering a kf49.5 as a companion to it when I set up my next shop, just so I'll never run out of length.

I've looked at paragon ovens as well, and quite like the bigger machine shop style one they make. I just don't have any personal experience with them

I've got that double barrel Paragon. It's a nice machine, heats up pretty quick, and the controller is easy to learn and use. It's big and solid. I HT a fair amount of AEBL in it, as well as anneal and normalize lots of damascus. As a matter of fact I have a pattern weld camp knife in there thermal cycling overnight right now.
I have no experience with the Evenheat, so I can't speak to that... just wanted to drop in to put a good word in for the double barrel Paragon.
Full disclosure, Forged in Fire champions have been sponsored by Paragon... including me, with a free kiln. But, it's truly NICE and I say that apart from my apparent willingness to sell out!

Thanks so much for your help and replies. Its really tough to decide on Evenheat vs; Paragon as both seem to be well thought of. I final made my decision on a Paragon double barrel, would love to get mine free like Salem.
Thanks again for sharing and best wishes.

Back