Thinner BK2?

For Ethan and The Cronies:

What are the odds of Becker producing a ~1/8" or 5/32" BK2?? Am I the only one who thinks this would rock the S?

Sincerely,

A Beckerhead

For Ethan and The Cronies:

What are the odds of Becker producing a ~1/8" or 5/32" BK2?? Am I the only one who thinks this would rock the S?

Sincerely,

A Beckerhead

I'll bet one of the tweeners is going to fill the bill. The new year is going to Rock, for Becker.. And Ka-Bar!

I, for one, can't wait to see what Ka-Bar/Becker will offer over the next year !

Ron

Ok, stick out your tounge, and bite down hard. :grumpy::D

Naw, seriously, there are some folks who want a 3/16" BK2, and even as small as a 1/8". In my mind, it wouldn't be a BK2.

There was a pic from PWYP 2010 (its deleted now), that had a proto of a Camptweener. I've seen drawings of it, and its going to be my first tweener pick. Imagine thinned out Campanion, but with a different handle, though. Its the one I want. It will be overbuilt, but it will not be the BK2.

Blasphemer, we shall not speak of thinning out the BK2 again.:mad:

:D:D Just kiddin', its good topic for discussion, I am interested in hearing others feed back on this.

Plus, there is the BK10 and the Ritter/Becker to consider also, they are thinner and maintain a blade length comparable to the BK2.

Moose

right, what the Alces Alces said... a THINNER BK2? we're going to have to ask you to resign ;)

if anything, we need a thicker one, like 3/8 inch thick, cuz SOMEONE broke one in the last 30 years, so clearly, we need MORE ;)

a thinner BK2 over all is called a BK10 ;) as those are hard to find, a Critter-12 will do you nicely...

why, i otter lock this thread. thinner. man. you people. you want thicker BK9s, you want thinner BK2. next thing you're going to want laser sights, and D2, and ... you'll take what our Masters give us! and you'll like it :> yah!

hee hee hee

Why not? What is given up by a thinner blade? What is gained?

Given up? Durability.

What is gained? Lighter

I have not problem with a thinner drop point 5" Becker product, just don't call it the BK2 Campanion. Just give it a new number and call it something else. I would buy on in a heartbeat.

The BK2 is almost 30yrs old in design and spawned countless other knives in the category of "heavy blade" knives. Its an icon, and one of the most sold knives in the BKT lineup ever, only beaten out by the BK7 (military sales). I like it the way it is.

There may be another knife closer to a thinned out BK2 on the horizon and I can't wait, but I don't want the BK2 design to change for then, it would not be a BK2, see what I mean?

Moose

BK-10 is pretty close to what the OP seems to be describing. That's a cool knife and stands on its own merits.

Thinner BK-2 - no. That's like a vegetarian lion or something. Abomination!

---

Beckerhead #42

Well geez guys, obviously the suggestion is not that we change the BK2. I'm saying a new model with a similar profile but the thinner blade. What is gained is tramendous slicing and carving prowess.

The crewman is on the way. It's 3/16" with a steep clip point that could be turned into a drop real easy. I would like to see the 6" one that almost made it into production. That in 3/16" with l little more belly.

Well geez guys, obviously the suggestion is not that we change the BK2. I'm saying a new model with a similar profile but the thinner blade. What is gained is tramendous slicing and carving prowess.

I agree, I would buy on in a minute, no doubt. I do agree with you also that it would improve the slicing carving prowess. There was a guy way back that had a BK10 he ground to the BK2 profile. It looked great and worked better. I don't think he ever posted here, though, this was probably over a decade ago, long before the digital camera, and interwebforums. He was a handsome devil, smart, funny, charming, great sense of humor, a wilderness gawd, and pretty good with the ladies.

Wish I knew what happened to him. Oh, well, he may turn up again later.

Moose

My Camillus BK-11 is D2. I'd prefer 1095, frankly.

-Daizee

What might be quite interesting is to hunt for a used BK2, then send it off to BRKT or the likes, and let them thin the hell out of it...

I'm going to jump on this bandwagon too. NO...to a thinner BK2! However, there will be a resounding YES...to one of those tweeners I saw pics of. Not sure why the pics were deleted, but if ya'll remember correctly, it was the second from left; about the same blade length, recurve in the belly, different handle design...

Duuuude, I want one so bad I can hardly stand it. I hope that's a design that actually makes it to production.

Back