This is getting ridiculous - where the hell is my knife?

Just picked it up: No blade play as of yet. Opens smooth as silk. I think they replaced the blade because there were markings on the one that I sent out that do not appear on this one. In a few days I will see if it develops any play.

Mine is solid. It looks like they changed the angle of the mating surface on the blade. The one previous appeared steeper. The knife locks up exactly the same as any other frame lock I have. I got this knife to use, and I think it's going to be just fine. The HEST is not the end all be all of usable knives but nor did I expect it to be. However, It is a very stoutly built framelock folder that locks up tight as vault, and that is exactly what I want. Admittedly this line has had sOme problems, but all parties involved have upheld their ends of the bagain and it appears that things are getting lined out.

Yeah. I can. What I was talking about was where the blade and lockbar meet. I don't have a comparison pic but believe me when I say that the angle on the bottom of the blade was significantly steeper. Currently the angle is gradual and the lockbar fits perfectly.

c49af3f8.jpg

Yeah. I can. What I was talking about was where the blade and lockbar meet. I don't have a comparison pic but believe me when I say that the angle on the bottom of the blade was significantly steeper. Currently the angle is gradual and the lockbar fits perfectly.

c49af3f8.jpg

Does the replacement blade have the fixed area where it contacts the stop pin?

I received my replacement Saturday, and so far so good. One thing I noticed straight away if that this example opens smoother right out of the box than the one I originally got (which loosened up over time/adjustment). I think the angle on the blade where it meets the lock bar isn't as steep as someone else mentioned here, but without my old one side by side with this one it's hard to say for sure.

It locks up solid and there's zero play in the blade, although that was the case with my first example which degraded over time. I hope any problems were addressed with this one I have since I really like it.

@ Tripton;
This new knife has the small area that appears to be worked on where the blade meets the stop pin. It's very clean, but if you look closely you can tell it was ground a little. No tip issue with this one either (my first knife had no tip issue either though).

I received my replacement Saturday, and so far so good. One thing I noticed straight away if that this example opens smoother right out of the box than the one I originally got (which loosened up over time/adjustment). I think the angle on the blade where it meets the lock bar isn't as steep as someone else mentioned here, but without my old one side by side with this one it's hard to say for sure.

It locks up solid and there's zero play in the blade, although that was the case with my first example which degraded over time. I hope any problems were addressed with this one I have since I really like it.

@ Tripton;
This new knife has the small area that appears to be worked on where the blade meets the stop pin. It's very clean, but if you look closely you can tell it was ground a little. No tip issue with this one either (my first knife had no tip issue either though).

It just strikes me as a bit odd, that unless there was already a bunch of blade blanks already cut out, why they wouldnt fix the issue via the CNC before cutting the blanks. If they are changing the angle of the lock face, then one would think they would have to make new blades to do so.

Time will tell to see how the new ones hold up.

UPDATE: I received the new replacement knife on Friday and On Sunday the lock failed. I sold it today on the Exchange. Im tired of having to send it in for a replacement knife that fails just like the first one did. The knives are spending more time in the mail than in my pocket.

I sent out my LE folder last week to have the lockup fixed and the lock was failing when I pushed really hard on the back of the blade.Hope it doesnt take forever to fix.

UPDATE: I received the new replacement knife on Friday and On Sunday the lock failed. I sold it today on the Exchange. Im tired of having to send it in for a replacement knife that fails just like the first one did. The knives are spending more time in the mail than in my pocket.

I went to check your listing in the Exchange for sheer curiosity.

Guess what? You made NO MENTION WHATSOEVER that the knife you were selling had a lock that failed. I hope you disclosed this "little" detail to the buyer via some other mean like PM/Email, because if you didn't, you were just dishonest.

Way to get rid of your problem, by unloading it on some other poor soul. NOT COOL.

EDIT: the funniest part is when you criticize some possible buyer for his way of doing business because he backed out of another auction to get into yours. Yet you find it perfectly acceptable not to mention a HUGE problem with the item you are selling. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...
SAD.

Last edited:
Back