THIS is the anything goes, keep it clean, blow off steam, W&SS chat.

We are supposed to be pounded with some heavy rain as well.. just waiting for it, now. Should have went out and brought some wood back to my porch so it isn't all underwater again :eek:

Thanks! I can't wait to get out and really USE it! Very nice indeed!

That is nice Bladz....I got mine yesterday. Nice huh? Im lovin mine.

Expecting tornados here apparently. My son's baseball game is already cancelled in anticipation.

We are supposed to be pounded with some heavy rain as well.. just waiting for it, now. Should have went out and brought some wood back to my porch so it isn't all underwater again

Last edited:
Expecting tornados here apparently. My son's baseball game is already cancelled in anticipation.

Now, THAT is bad. It isn't supposed to be that bad here. Just a couple inches of rain. (It may not sound like a lot, but where I live a half inch in a day leads to my whole yard being covered in water.. inches leads to severe flooding.)

But hey, since I can do it. Here's something absolutely, completely, totally, NOT a WSS knife:

329-preview-0002.jpeg

329-preview-0010.jpeg

There. I've been dying to do that, I love the sgian dubh design.

Au contraire, mon ami! Send it to me and I will do a photoessay of that knife making a friction fire set that is used successfully and various trap triggers.

(Wouldn't be my first choice, though.) Is that one of yours, koyote? If so, beautiful looking piece -hell, it's a beautiful looking piece even if it isn't one of yours.

Doc

The sgian dubh may not be our first choice as a woodcraft knife, but in the old days, it was the personal carry of many very competent outdoorsmen, and I bet they used it more often as a bushcraft blade than as an assassin's dagger.

Au contraire, mon ami! Send it to me and I will do a photoessay of that knife making a friction fire set that is used successfully and various trap triggers.

(Wouldn't be my first choice, though.) Is that one of yours, koyote? If so, beautiful looking piece -hell, it's a beautiful looking piece even if it isn't one of yours.

Doc

Yeah, I made all of em :) The design started as a request from another member for a "refresh" of the sgian dubh, which has been pretty severely watered down in contemporary culture.

My own personal one is maple handled, and far from perfect. Once we move and I have time I'm doing a an OD green linen micarta version for myself. Though I haven't done shadetree on these yet... hrm.....

The sgian dubh may not be our first choice as a woodcraft knife, but in the old days, it was the personal carry of many very competent outdoorsmen, and I bet they used it more often as a bushcraft blade than as an assassin's dagger.

I've seen a lot of reference to it being used in hunting (processing, not killing) in period, and I do keep workable grinds on them. A few are carried around as EDCs, too. I've cut steak with mine, and such.

I still think a subforum like the knifemakers have is better, this is gonna be a crowded thread!

But hey, since I can do it. Here's something absolutely, completely, totally, NOT a WSS knife:

329-preview-0002.jpeg

329-preview-0010.jpeg

305-0001.jpeg

231-1.jpg

There. I've been dying to do that, I love the sgian dubh design.

Thanks Esav, great looking knife Koyote!

Stuck at work. :mad: Working campus security while this severe nonsense rolls on through...hooray...

Just popped in here and noticed all the stickies gone! Great work!

Unclutter FTW!

What's up - just checking in to blow off some steam :)

All you inland boys be jealous - I'm taking my son down to the beach today to enjoy some nice costal vistas ;) East Coast.... so not many "vistas" but it's stil the ocean, a day off, and just me and my son.

Ya'll take care!

Back