This must be where the DEKs hang out, eh?

I do still feel that the DEK1 encompasses all the attributes one would want in a general all-purpose EDC blade.

yac5VXT.jpg
It's the reason I didn't jump on the 2 or 3 in the preorder.

But after reading more about the 3, I'm going to have to look into getting one, to try.

My DEK3 made its first cut today. It slew an orange and I was so enamored with the cuts that I slew another, even though having two dead orange was a bit excessive. I then murdered a couple of chicken breasts for wraps and salads and again marveled at its cutting ability.

This very well may become my general go-to kitchen companion. Despite having an excellent set of kitchen knives, I enjoy using my other cutlery in the kitchen due to wanting to create opportunities to use my knives. This DEK excels in this environment, such a pleasure to cut and slice with it.

Ij7t69F.jpg
Ugh... the want grows stronger. After reading the descriptions, that's what I was considering a DEK3 for. Tried using the Kephart in this role, but it's a little thick for my tastes, for a kitchen utility knife.

My DEK3 made its first cut today. It slew an orange and I was so enamored with the cuts that I slew another, even though having two dead orange was a bit excessive. I then murdered a couple of chicken breasts for wraps and salads and again marveled at its cutting ability.

This very well may become my general go-to kitchen companion. Despite having an excellent set of kitchen knives, I enjoy using my other cutlery in the kitchen due to wanting to create opportunities to use my knives. This DEK excels in this environment, such a pleasure to cut and slice with it.

Ij7t69F.jpg

The main reason I ordered a DEK3 was the same. I gave away a CPK Potato Knife to my niece as part of her wedding present about five years ago. She passed away in a car accident about two years later, and even though her widowed husband did my sister very wrong afterwards, it's now his knife and that is that. I hope he cuts himself every time he uses it. Not that I hold a grudge or anything - LOL.

I still have one CPK Potato Knife left, but I need something to supplement it. One can never have too many CPKs in the kitchen.

Ugh... the want grows stronger. After reading the descriptions, that's what I was considering a DEK3 for. Tried using the Kephart in this role, but it's a little thick for my tastes, for a kitchen utility knife.

I hear folks decry FOMO. But what they fail to realize is that actual MO is often far worse than FOMO. I try not to make that mistake with CPK.

It's the reason I didn't jump on the 2 or 3 in the preorder.

But after reading more about the 3, I'm going to have to look into getting one, to try.
From what I keep reading, it sounds like the DEK3 might be the one I like most of the bunch. Mine gets here Monday, so I'll have a better idea then.

A generally true statement is that the thinner the blade, the better it slices/cuts and, based on blade/edge geometry, the longer the edge retention (not to be confused with abrasion resistance). What's also true is that a thick knife is tougher than a thin one, all variables being equal. The key is finding a good balance.

Seems like the DEK3 does this very well. I mean, Nathan said, "I was using it to cut drywall and wire today. I used a hammer on the spine to cut that 10 ga wire with no problem. *shrug*".
Good enough for me!
Really, you just can't go wrong with any of the DEKs. Great knives all around.

The main reason I ordered a DEK3 was the same. I gave away a CPK Potato Knife to my niece as part of her wedding present about five years ago. She passed away in a car accident about two years later, and even though her widowed husband did my sister very wrong afterwards, it's now his knife and that is that. I hope he cuts himself every time he uses it. Not that I hold a grudge or anything - LOL.

I still have one CPK Potato Knife left, but I need something to supplement it. One can never have too many CPKs in the kitchen.

I hear folks decry FOMO. But what they fail to realize is that actual MO is often far worse than FOMO. I try not to make that mistake with CPK.
Wow, I'm so sorry. May his behind be covered by a flurry of boils for the rest of his life.

Back