This Swiss Tech looks nice.

I still have two of their first little combo tools that have been trashed over the years and still work well. The new stuff looks great. May be time to try them again.

I don't know... I had an 8-in-1 Micro-plus. It was supposed to have a "Sheet shear", but it didn't cut worth a damn. This newer one looks the same. Also the screwdrivers on the Micro-plus didn't lock or even snap into place at all... making them difficult to use properly.

LukeC said:
Just ran into this on Swiss Tech's website- sure looks cool. They must have a new product line out since I last checked them out, it sure looks like they have improved the fit and finish- or is just a good picture. Anyone know? This tool comes with a light or watch, or a flash drive. Pretty cool. :thumbup:

http://www.swisstechtools.com/productdetail.aspx?PID=pHL7RxHb%2frwA

I bought a couple of those last year from REI. It came in a sort of black-coated tool steel finish with a terrible little LED light. I quit using it and now carry the Swiss+Tech Micro-Plus 8-in-1 in SS. It has never disappointed me.

I have the ulti key in my opnion it's great i got it for 10 bucks. The only down sides(s) is that its hard to get it open and it takes two hands to open so you'll drop your keys after you open it.

dibbler said:
I have the ulti key in my opnion it's great i got it for 10 bucks. The only down sides(s) is that its hard to get it open and it takes two hands to open so you'll drop your keys after you open it.

Well said but it is so small you will not notice it is there until you need it :cool:

I often carry the Swiss+Tech polished stainless steel Screwz-All 4-In-1 screwdriver:

http://www.swisstechtools.com/productdetail.aspx?PID=GMAgu+U+wEMA

It takes up little space. The small Philips and slotted drivers handle screws better than some of my multitools.

My wife likes her Util-Key, but it fell off her key ring shortly after I gave it to her. I stripped the insulation from some Romex-type cable and slipped it over the Util-Key to form a small sheath. That prevents it from being pried open by accident and falling off the key ring.

util-key.jpg

parnass said:
My wife likes her Util-Key, but it fell off her key ring shortly after I gave it to her.

I had that problem too. Nice solution. I stopped using mine for this reason an now have a small SAK (Manager II) on my key ring. Yes, it is extra bulk, but I use the scissors and pen quite a lot, also the philips screwdriver is magnetic.

I have a couple of the Swiss+Tech tools, but don't use them much any more. My 8 in 1 became lose so that the small screwdrivers did not stay closed.

LukeC said:
Just ran into this on Swiss Tech's website- sure looks cool. They must have a new product line out since I last checked them out, it sure looks like they have improved the fit and finish- or is just a good picture. Anyone know? This tool comes with a light or watch, or a flash drive. Pretty cool. :thumbup:

http://www.swisstechtools.com/productdetail.aspx?PID=pHL7RxHb/rwA

I cut my teeth on multi tools with the Micro-Plus™ 8-In-1 Series. I found this product to be decent for the price. The dealbreaker for me was that I needed a bit larger pliers. All in all though, a good product.

Andy

Back