Thoughts about nutnfancy and cutlerly lover

Watch that video and try to look at it from another persons shoes i.e. the mundane sheeple and see what they see, hell like I said I'm a knife nut, hunter, fisherman, gun nut, etc. and the guy gives me the heebie jeebies.

I don't know what the heebie jeebies are, I assume "uncomfortable?" I say don't watch ones that you don't like. NutnFancy does thorough table tops of tons of knives that are high quality, and if you disagree with his enthusiasm or displeasure about a knife, at least you got to see it up close & personal.

I like any decent reviews of a knife (I watch most about a knife I'm thinking of getting) and like it or not, I believe that he does offer the most reviews. I'm not a NF fanboy, but I find him thorough, and offering a huge amount knife reviews. :thumbup:

Barbeque Racoons? :eek:

As long as it is wilderness raccoon and you know its clean, just remember you have to cut some glands out of its forearms are it is going to taste, well kinda funky. The squirrel head stew is cool I just grub on the heads, my uncle did when was alive and I've seen my Dad eat a head or two in his day.

Really weird is when the ole timers want the brain out of the deer and cook it with the camp breakfast and put it in the scrambled eggs. Tried to talk to em about CWD even though we don't have any cases here, still I just wouldn't chance.

As long as it is wilderness raccoon and you know its clean, just remember you have to cut some glands out of its forearms are it is going to taste, well kinda funky. The squirrel head stew is cool I just grub on the heads, my uncle did when was alive and I've seen my Dad eat a head or two in his day.

Really weird is when the ole timers want the brain out of the deer and cook it with the camp breakfast and put it in the scrambled eggs. Tried to talk to em about CWD even though we don't have any cases here, still I just wouldn't chance.

Dang MikeC, I'm not a city boy but that just doesn't sound very tasty. :barf: :barf:

Nutnfancy gets my vote even if you dont like his opinion you get a good idea of how a particular blade may feel or look in your hand.

Nutnfancy is enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and seems like a good all-around guy. He does seem to have become a legend in his own mind, but whatever. What I don't like about his videos is that for the first third of the video, he is talking about something completely different than the item he is reviewing.

I like 'em both. True, Nutn does present the tactical slant alot, he does talk alot, he is a little gung-ho for some. But, he does use the stuff, and puts a lot of time and effort into his hobby. I like the other guy too, but the tabletop reviews are no different than what i could do in front of my own camera and then play back pretending its not mine!

Nutnfancy does lots of interesting things, some stuff i do, some i want to do someday, some i know i will never do but would be fun (alot of the gun stuff, I'm in Canada).

As someone else pointed out, there are lots of people doing knife reviews, they each no doubt have something valuable to pass on to somebody.

I really like the fact that Nutn goes out and uses the knives and other equipment, filling the role of tester as well as reviewer. I know I'm not going to want to watch some guy give a table-top review and say "This thing is bulletproof and does all kinds of stuff," go out and buy the knife and then get out in the woods somewhere and... "CRAP this thing sucks!" I experienced that with the Gerber LMF II. Loved the look and feel of it, seemed to be getting good reviews, absolutely can't stand the thing. Also, I usually don't buy a new knife and go baton firewood with it right out of the box, however, I usually end up using my knives for tough (camp) chores after the "new" wears off. It's nice to see what happens to knives under that kind of use before making the purchase.
Although the guy gets a little long winded at times, he doesn't leave me with questions about the product. He provides exactly what I need to know before I make the trip to the store to handle guns or knives that I'm interested in.
The long and short of it is, he does a good job as far as I'm concerned and after watching lots of his vids and getting a sense of the guy, he's doing what he likes to do. I don't really think you can fault him for expressing his opinions and stances on things in videos that he takes the time to make and upload for literally thousands of people to watch.
Guess I've gotten a little long winded and opinionated myself now so... I'm gonna go sharpen some knives or something. :D

Hi mustangfootball -

I think both men do their best to give honest reviews of knifes to the benefit of all of "us".

I also believe that if someone thinks that they could do better reviews, they should.

best regards -

mqqn

Agreed:)

i like them both. can b long winded but there is usually some worthwhile message to pick up, but with nutnfancy sometimes im like ' dude, just show us the knife... then talk'

Honestly, I like old TNP back when his reviews lasted about 10-15 minutes. Had details but were precise. Also, he was a bit more humble back then and had less show. He seemed more like an average guy talking about what he loved. Now he seems like a celebrity. I also really liked seeing him abuse the knifes. Talking in one thing, but seeing how they perform in wood is very important to me.

MrDagon007 has the best knife reviews on youtube, in my opinion.
Severator is cool, too :thumbup::thumbup:

MrDagon007 has the best knife reviews on youtube, in my opinion.

Thanks for the very kind words, Jazub; it's just a little hobby for me; but even so I try to do it well in my 15 minutes (11 minutes until recently) of available time. Earlier uploaders don't have this limitation. I'm surprised that not more people get tired of my heavy accent!

Not to hijack the thread, I just want to point to a really, really cool YouTube reviewer: Virtuovice. He's an experienced hunter from Japan and does nice things like comparing the effect of sharpeners under the microscope, making x-rays of fixed blade handles, etc. Good stuff with that attitude of detailed precision that the Japanese do so well!

Going back to the topic, what I like most about nutnfancy is his eloquence and enthusiasm, even if his tactical priorities couldn't be further from my more "gentlemeny" knife interests. What I like most about Cutlerylover is his friendly attitude, and a wider interest than nutn.

nutnfancy, will harp on how a knife is 5.2 ounces, and it shoulda been 4 ounces, its an ounce bro, mix in some push ups or something.

I do not neither one of them. I really like BLUNTRUTH4U this guy do real reviews, and test the knives as the tools they are. You should check his videos and see.

True backwoods people and they would literally laugh that guy out of the woods.

I would agree. Although someone could justify the use of that bushman as abusive test to prove it's worthness, would anyone sane do that in real "survival" situation? And why? Why not just collect the twigs and small wood and start fire from them?

But DUDE, this guy basically speaks against axes in one of his videos (mostly because he get's winded :rolleyes:), and then gets let down by a folder when he chops, twists and batons the damn thing? DUDE, what a shocker!

But I guess I can't criticize, because you have to make your own videos in order to do so.. according to NTN. :rolleyes:

I really enjoy Nutn's vids. His enthusiasm is contagious and he routinely points out that he is only expressing his own opinions. He encourages everyone to go make their own.

And laugh him out of the woods? I would think a Lt. Colonel in the Air Force might know a thing or two about survival.

Thanks for the very kind words, Jazub; it's just a little hobby for me; but even so I try to do it well in my 15 minutes (11 minutes until recently) of available time. Earlier uploaders don't have this limitation. I'm surprised that not more people get tired of my heavy accent!

Not to hijack the thread, I just want to point to a really, really cool YouTube reviewer: Virtuovice. He's an experienced hunter from Japan and does nice things like comparing the effect of sharpeners under the microscope, making x-rays of fixed blade handles, etc. Good stuff with that attitude of detailed precision that the Japanese do so well!

Going back to the topic, what I like most about nutnfancy is his eloquence and enthusiasm, even if his tactical priorities couldn't be further from my more "gentlemeny" knife interests. What I like most about Cutlerylover is his friendly attitude, and a wider interest than nutn.
Agreed virtuevoice is fantastic.

Honestly, I like old TNP back when his reviews lasted about 10-15 minutes. Had details but were precise. Also, he was a bit more humble back then and had less show. He seemed more like an average guy talking about what he loved. Now he seems like a celebrity. I also really liked seeing him abuse the knifes. Talking in one thing, but seeing how they perform in wood is very important to me.

I really enjoy about 4 or 5 reviewers takes on a knife, before I buy it "sight unseen" and these guys really help out. I enjoy Nutnfancy's enthusiasm and off beat sense of humor too.

Some of his vids that look like a pain to watch - I go to a different one. And BTW, he is a celebrity he's ranked something like # 4 or #6 on YouTube and that tells you how many people watch his videos, for whatever reason. :)

Nutnfancy's vids are getting alittle on the long side... I don't think that a knife review has to be more than 10 minutes long. I love his run and gun stuff though. Very fun to watch!!!! He's still my favorite to watch!

Back