Thought's on custom Kydex sheath for EDC folder?

So I was talking with a friend today about how he doesn't like to carry his small spyderco folder in his pockets, and he has a rather large custom leather (thick) belt and doesn't feel safe carrying the knife via the clip on his belt so I was wondering if a nice custom Kydex sheath for a folder would work.

Do you think a Kydex sheath for a Spyderco folder would work?

This isn't something I would make, I was thinking of maybe someone from the forum here makng one. I know we have several Kydex sheath makers.

What's your thought's?

So I was talking with a friend today about how he doesn't like to carry his small spyderco folder in his pockets, and he has a rather large custom leather (thick) belt and doesn't feel safe carrying the knife via the clip on his belt so I was wondering if a nice custom Kydex sheath for a folder would work.

Do you think a Kydex sheath for a Spyderco folder would work?

This isn't something I would make, I was thinking of maybe someone from the forum here makng one. I know we have several Kydex sheath makers.

What's your thought's?

I've made quite a few Spydie folder sheaths. Mainly for neck carry, but for belts as well. A lot of people carry folders this way. I carry an Opinel in Kydex myself :).

I've made quite a few Spydie folder sheaths. Mainly for neck carry, but for belts as well. A lot of people carry folders this way. I carry an Opinel in Kydex myself :).

Do you have any pictures you could share?

My thoughts are to Use a Horizontal carry sheath

Do you have any pictures you could share?

As most will tell you, I rarely take pics of anything. I'll see if I can scrounge something up. That said Eric at OnScene and Mike Sastre have a few sheathed Spydie pics on their sites you could have a look at.

Back