Throwing knife suggestion.

I got a cheap set of throwing knives that I’ve used a bit however I just ordered a set from SpyderCo. Not sure how they are as they just shipped but I got a good deal on them and I have had good luck with all my other SpyderCo knives. Anyone have experience with SpyderCo throwing knives? Thanks!
That was the question I wanted to ask. Im thinking of buying a set of Spydercos as they are discontinued and marked down.

I was thinking of the Large version or is Medium or Small better?

Cold Steel for inexpensive but tough throwers for beginners is my suggestion.

TCb2HzQ.jpg

Reactions: JM2
I have been throwing on and off for 30+ years. I would recommend cold steel throwing knives. I have had a few dozen and they hold up well. I have gone through a lot of cheaper and more expensive blades and these hold up better than almost anything. If I remember correctly the true flight blades were a little lighter and shorter than the ones I prefer.(pic below ). I have found heavier and longer(around 12 inches)get better distances with the style I use and tend to stick a little better. On a side note heavy nails like they sell at Home Depot and Lowe’s are a lot of fun too. Especially if you are worried about the blades getting lost in dirt or leaves. They are cheap and fun to teach beginners with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    783.9 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for all the suggestions. I never considered heavy nails. I've not picked up a thrower yet, but I've just about made the decision for a true flight thrower.

That was the question I wanted to ask. Im thinking of buying a set of Spydercos as they are discontinued and marked down.

I was thinking of the Large version or is Medium or Small better?
I got the Mediums (~10.5”)and decent weight and stick 360 rotation about 13 ft away, the large would be good also. Small probably more difficult to stick consistently are approx (8”).

I've thrown the Cold Steel Flight Sport, Mini Flight Sport, the JXEJXO throwing spikes, the Perfect Point folding throwing knives, the Cold Steel G1 Tanto, and my favorite throwing knives actually are these $10 piece of crap kniives that are pointy enough to stick, but dull enough not to cut me. They're these cosplay daggers at 14 inches long, and other than plastic handles that i reinforced with ductape and electrical tape, they're solid because most of the item is just the metal for the blade.

*shrugs* All of these are relatively pretty cheap, including the Cold Steel throwers (just note, I've broken the tip of mulitple of the Cold Steel Flights, so be prepared to resharpen, or have a decently good target for throwing).

Good luck out there!

I agree
Most of the time you shouldn’t spend over $20 on a thrower because they can disappear from a bad throw
I found one 6 inches down in the dirt 3 years after I I lost it

Back