throwing tools

Don't forget files, awls, nails, and larger drill bits.

With a lot of practice, circular saw blades, too!

Seconding the screwdrivers, the one in the pictures is a flathead. Try a hefty icepick if you can get one.

edit: Just noticed the middle finger in the top photo. Apologies if anyone finds it inappropriate, take it down or let me know and I'll take it down.

I have some small files I found in my attic that I throw and stick in a cardboard box, haven't been able to check out nails yet
The bigger the better with nails. An old training partner of mine was very good at taking standard finishing nails and sticking them into 2 x 4s regularly, but I never could. However, 16 pennies or framing nails are another story; if you're not having much luck, file down or file off the heads and try again.

Every year at the local winter festival we have an axe throwing comp.
Oxhead makes nice double bit throwing axes but they are at least 100$ canadian

I throw all my fixed blade knives (mostly Busse) and anything else I can find with at least one pointed edge. (not folders, though)

im a mean shot with spud wrench it will go right to the jaws though 3/4 plywood

i`ve been throwing stanley knife blades at work . very hard to stick . the triangle shaped ones not the snap off ones

It's probably not your technique--if you can stick them at all, your technique is to be commended! Rather, it's the lack of weight. There's not enough mass to push the blades in deeply enough.

Years back, I took classes with a local aikijutsu teacher in Hokkaido. He gave us a demonstration one night.

First he had a couple of MPs in the class search him as if he had just been arrested, then facing a cardboard target with two eye holes cut in it and a balloon behind each, from about six foot away he stuck out his rolled up tongue and blew a swarm of sewing needles at the target that burst both balloons the first try.

He told us that people who can't roll their tongue can use a small section of plastic soda straw carried in the cheek until needed.

He demonstrated, but didn't include it in our instruction.

I used to throw Arc-Welding rods when I working in a bowling alley in my youth & also screwdrivers.

Amusing story; I was in theatre in Highschool. One evening as curtain was going up a guy across stage in the opposite wing stage whispered he needed a screwdriver to tighten up a flat. Well since curtain was goin up I couldn't run it to him so I threw it hard & fast so it wouldn't be seen thinking it would hit the flat the guy was working on & he could retrieve it. Well the fool went to catch it & it went... right throw the center of his hand. He went to the hospital & I was dubbed the screwdriver ninja for my remaining two years.

I have a Spetsnaz GRU that throws REALLY well
http://www.spetsnaz-gru.com/spetsnaz-entrenching-shovel-1.htm

Back