ThruNite Ti3 AAA Flashlight

The Warrior

๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฐโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ
I've been wanting to get a little AAA flashlight, and settled for the ThruNite Ti3. About $20. Here's the specs from the Thrunite site:

Key Features

⦁ LED: Cree XP-G2 R5 LED with a lifespan of

20+years of run time.

⦁ Battery: 1 AAA battery

⦁ Dimension: 70mm(length)*14mm(head diameter)

⦁ Weight: 12 gram without battery.

⦁ Reflector: OP Reflector

⦁ Aircraft quality aluminum body structure.

⦁ Premium Type III hard anodized anti-abrasive finish.

⦁ Waterproof to IPX-8 standard.

⦁ Convenient twist switch.

⦁ Output and run time:

Firefly: 0.04 Lm(115h), Low: 12 Lm(6.3h), High: 120Lm(0.5h), Strobe:120Lm(1 hour)

⦁ One handed operation.

0.png

Operation

Turn on /off

Easily twist the head to turn on / off the light. Tighten the head for on and loosen for off.

Change modes

When the light is on, turn off the light and then turn on in 2 seconds to change output mode.

Memory function

Keep the light off between 2 to 10 seconds and then turn on, the output mode will keep the same as your last use.

Over 10 seconds and then turn on, the output will get back to firefly.

Hidden strobe

Cycle the ย“Change modesย” for 6 times to activate hidden strobe mode(120Lm,13Hz).

00.png

In sleeve:

1.png

Out. Came in a tin:

2.png

Instructions:

3.png

Key chain/clip:

4.png

Came with a clip:

5.png

Logos:

6.png

7.png

Next to my AA Fenix LD10:

8.png

Hard to believe it puts out 120 lumen:

9.png

Next to a Bic lighter:

10.png

Here's a video review of it someone did:

[video=youtube;WEi59r3M9nM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEi59r3M9nM[/video]

Cool little light, should come in handy. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Nice light, I have been thinking of replacing my AAA Olight.
Bet you end up liking in more then your Streamlight nano.

Nice light, I have been thinking of replacing my AAA Olight.
Bet you end up liking in more then your Streamlight nano.

Thanks man, it is pretty cool. I'll like this one way more.

I have one of these and need to pick up at least one more. Fantastic little lights. The reversible clip makes it easy to use it as a headlamp clipped to your favorite ball cap.

I picked up this same light a few months ago, and it's been in my pocket ever since. It's pretty awesome. I brought it out at night and compared it to my 4 D cell Maglite, and on high, it puts out more light than the Maggie, if the Maglite is adjusted to flood about the same diameter (of course, when the Maggie is set on flood, there's a huge black hole in the middle of the beam, so the little Thrunite is even better). The Maglite's beam can be adjusted to a narrower spot pattern, so it will throw a little further, but ya can't expect much throw from the tiny reflector of a pocket light. Some independent tests say this little bugger is actually putting out more like 150 lumens instead of the advertised 120.

I ordered my Thrunight with the warmer "neutral" white beam color, which I like very much compared to the bluish tint common on cheap LEDs. I do not like the low setting, and have not used it once yet, so it's just an annoyance to have to twist it twice to get to medium. It's so low that it does not help if your eyes are not fully adjusted to the dark, or you have any ambient light at all. The only situation it would do any good, is if you're sitting in pitch darkness, and want to fiddle with something close up without ruining your night vision. The Olight i3S is better in this regard, since it turns on first in medium power, and the low setting is actually bright enough to see stuff on the floor when you first walk into a dark room. But it only puts out 80 lumens on high, unless you want to use lithium batteries. (the Thrunight can't handle lithiums)

To me, the biggest advantage to these is that I can use my rechargeable Eneloop batteries, so I'm not afraid to actually use them. When I carried a coin cell light, it never got turned on unless absolutely necessary, because it cost me like 8 bucks every time I had to change the batteries. Now I'm finding out how handy a light can be when it's not life or death, but just, well, handy. :) Between this thing and my Fenix TK41, I've pretty much got all my bases covered.

I have one of these and need to pick up at least one more. Fantastic little lights. The reversible clip makes it easy to use it as a headlamp clipped to your favorite ball cap.
Really is nice.
I picked up this same light a few months ago, and it's been in my pocket ever since. It's pretty awesome. I brought it out at night and compared it to my 4 D cell Maglite, and on high, it puts out more light than the Maggie, if the Maglite is adjusted to flood about the same diameter (of course, when the Maggie is set on flood, there's a huge black hole in the middle of the beam, so the little Thrunite is even better). The Maglite's beam can be adjusted to a narrower spot pattern, so it will throw a little further, but ya can't expect much throw from the tiny reflector of a pocket light. Some independent tests say this little bugger is actually putting out more like 150 lumens instead of the advertised 120.

I ordered my Thrunight with the warmer "neutral" white beam color, which I like very much compared to the bluish tint common on cheap LEDs. I do not like the low setting, and have not used it once yet, so it's just an annoyance to have to twist it twice to get to medium. It's so low that it does not help if your eyes are not fully adjusted to the dark, or you have any ambient light at all. The only situation it would do any good, is if you're sitting in pitch darkness, and want to fiddle with something close up without ruining your night vision. The Olight i3S is better in this regard, since it turns on first in medium power, and the low setting is actually bright enough to see stuff on the floor when you first walk into a dark room. But it only puts out 80 lumens on high, unless you want to use lithium batteries. (the Thrunight can't handle lithiums)

To me, the biggest advantage to these is that I can use my rechargeable Eneloop batteries, so I'm not afraid to actually use them. When I carried a coin cell light, it never got turned on unless absolutely necessary, because it cost me like 8 bucks every time I had to change the batteries. Now I'm finding out how handy a light can be when it's not life or death, but just, well, handy. :) Between this thing and my Fenix TK41, I've pretty much got all my bases covered.

I've read on more than one occasion that it does work with the lithium ion 10440's, and an estimated 250 lumens. I believe one place said that firefly was normal, but the med was like high, and the high the same as the medium, if that makes sense.

Back