• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ti and black palm razor

Ti scaled with palm spacer razor
the blade is 52100 heat treated and cryoed to Rc62
ground on a 2 inch wheel and is as hollow is i grind them. the spine is worked and has a diamond look to it.
the Ti has been textured and anodized bronze in color the space is stablized black palm that has been milled to alow for the razor to clear without hittting the edge (is one piece not 2 glued together)
the palm has been sealed with CA for extra protection from dampness of use.
asking 650$
dsc07391sm.jpg

dsc07393sm.jpg

dsc07373sm.jpg

Butch you have been showing us some very fine razors.
how often would the edge need a 'touch-up' ? would stropping suffice or actual sharpening ?
thanks, roland

well done stropping and shaving every other day might take a few months to need a touch up
and that would be o an 8K+ grit hone or have a hone mister touch it up
a leather strop will get you a great ways in use so long as you are not to heavy handed on the strop

This isn't a knife. This is a work of art that shaves. The scary part is knowing that you're going to outdo yourself eventually, and I'm not sure I'll be ready to see it when you do.

I tell ya, you never disappoint. Shaving with my straight razor is the most relaxing point of my day, the time in the day I don't have to deal with family drama and school dama the time I get away from everything and can just spend some alone time. I just wish I had enough money to get one of your beautiful customs.

Another great razor Butch. I really don't see any razor that comes close.

Butch, As others have already said, "Another great razor" You actually make me want to start using one instead of the store bought throw aways. Maybe, just maybe I will get brave enough to start. But then again, Mama would have a weapon too close for comfort. :eek:
Thanks for sharing your work, I am sure it will not last long.
Jim

Makes me want to use one too. That pic with the reflection is crazy, I had to look a couple of times just to make sure it was a reflection. Very nice.

Sean

thanks guys
jim you jsut got to keep mama happy is all :)
for a better pic of the finish on the blade and to show jsut how tight a grind a 2 inch wheel is
dsc07440sm.jpg

You really make me want to switch to a straight razor. You make something already classy even more so. I think using one of these would put me above Gregory Peck.

I just got to see this one over a beer at our local watering hole...It's even nicer in person. This one makes me want to start shaving with a straight...

-d

I tell ya, you never disappoint. Shaving with my straight razor is the most relaxing point of my day, the time in the day I don't have to deal with family drama and school dama the time I get away from everything and can just spend some alone time. I just wish I had enough money to get one of your beautiful customs.

I agree with everything this man said!! Nice job once again Butch!

Back