Tim Wegner, Jr.

I'm really at a loss as to why we are losing this incredibly fine knife. It is such an outstanding knife in so many different ways. Is there anything we can do to coax Spyderco into continuing production? I think it is a tremendous loss. I have two (and one full size) and I'm willing to purchase more if I thought it would help to bring this wonderful little knife back into production.

------------------
Hoodoo

The low, hoarse purr of the whirling stone—the light-press’d blade,
Diffusing, dropping, sideways-darting, in tiny showers of gold,
Sparkles from the wheel.

Walt Whitman

Hoodoo - Spyderco simply has too many models to maintain and this also leaves no room for new models. Some models have to go to make way for new ones. Sales are the genral criterion for selection of future models to keep. Tim Wegner has indicated that he may maintain the model inventory as an exclusive.

sal

Thanks for the reply, Sal. The silence was deafening on this one. I still can't understand it. I've seen an awful lot of glowing comments about that knife in the forums. Some people (me included) compare its blade styling to a small sebenza. If more people owned one, I think there would be more glowing comments. Guess I will have to snap up another before they disappear. Maybe it's because they were billed as a hunting knife as opposed to a tactical knife, they didn't move as much. I dunno. I know that I carried a mini afck for awhile and then went back to the Wenger Jr. It's truly a much better cutting tool.

Thanks again for anwering my post.

------------------
Hoodoo

The low, hoarse purr of the whirling stone—the light-press’d blade,
Diffusing, dropping, sideways-darting, in tiny showers of gold,
Sparkles from the wheel.

Walt Whitman

Yes the Wenger Jr. is a wonderful knife and my present daily carry. I would like the Wenger Jr. to be reintroduced, especially with the new Spyderco lock.

Yes the Wegner Jr with a new lock would be wonderful. I see many posts complaining about the locking liner wear moving too far to the right. This has not happened to mine so far.

I would also like a larger thumb hole too.

Back