Titanium Daggers?

Mitchell Knives

Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have a GIANT sheet of .100" titanium sitting in my shop just begging to be turned into high-quality custom knives! :D

Once I finish a few projects (almost done), I'll probably design a few new pieces specifically for this titanium sheet.

I keep coming back to the idea of making a medium sized dagger simply because I have yet to make one.

It would probably have a 5" inch blade with an OAL of around 9.5" or so. Hollow chisel grind with a carbidized edge with a Japanese wrap.

What say ye? Anyone up for some doubled edged titanium goodness?

Sounds good to me Johnathan! Personally, I'd like to see what you come up with. You have your own style and I think it would come out great. Are you thinking about putting a guard on the dagger?

Sounds good to me Johnathan! Personally, I'd like to see what you come up with. You have your own style and I think it would come out great. Are you thinking about putting a guard on the dagger?

Hi Mark,

Thanks! There would be a guard, although it wouldn't be terribly large.

I'm also thinking that some 1/4" 5160 daggers would be interesting as well. The added thickness would give them a nice cross section.

Sounds good! Just asking about the guard because I like the extra security of them especially for thrusting/stabbing motions, which a dagger is ideal for obviously. Although, sometimes I agree that the guard can detract from an otherwise clean design. I hear handles can become slippery when wet, so I've been told :)

5160 sounds outstanding! I'm a big fan of the utility of that steel. I have a hawk in 5160 and it's tough as hell. But, you already know that. I think it will give more utility than titanium, but I figure if it's meant for stabbing than titanium will work just fine for that. I'm definately looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Back