TO MODERATORS PER SCAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuskaloosa

Gold Member
Basic Member
First, please restore Davenhill's ad of the Endura M4. He is NOT at fault here.
What happened was that I sent him a PM with an offer this morning. Then, I received an email supposedly from "Davenhill" with the circle D logo etc.
It said "it's yours" and to send Paypal F&F to n_wildey@yahoo.com, along with my mailing address which I did. I then PM'd the real seller on BF, asking for confirmation.
He didn't know what I was talking about. Said he had not accepted my offer or sent a PP address. I knew then that I'd been had. I immediately filed a dispute claim with PP.
They have already ruled against me (due to F&F) saying this transaction was "consistent" with my other recent ones. I have purchased a few on BF that way.
Now you can say that I was foolish to reply to an email and not stick to PMs. Agreed. I was over eager I suppose but have always found the good people here to be trustworthy.
Ok, so I'm screwed but HOW did a scammer intercept private messages from BladeForums. How did they get my email address in the first place or know that I had made an offer?
Again, please straighten out Davenhill's ad as this is NO fault of his. As for me, lesson learned I guess but it sure takes the fun out of the hobby.

I think the first thing you need to do, Tuskaloosa Tuskaloosa is change your password to this site, preferably with 2 factor authentication that only you would have access to. Just guessing that your account here could have been compromised and that someone may have your email as a result. That's only one possibility out of multiple other possibilities.

That would be a good first step while we see what else we can figure out here.

The same would apply to D Davenhill in the event his account has somehow been compromised by a third party.

Your email address is easy to find on your own profile. That's probably how they got it. Might want to remove it.
I think that's another member's email if I see the same thing you are referring to.

Thanks kreole kreole

That was very helpful. I removed your post for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back