Took my 5.1 camping

Very nice, I'll have to try to find the Colorado Bushcraft group. I headed to Conifer last weekend for a bushcraft day ☺ you had a much better view!

Is the knife's ability to cut thru a log like that a testament of its design, sharpness, or the brute strength of the wielder? I never even knew I wanted one, and now I want two! :D

Absolutely awesome!!!! I love finding fatwood, like mountain gold. Looks like a hell of a trip! I may have to try out a wood stove teepee set up one of these days, always confused what you'd do if it rains?

I only use this setup when it is cold (freezing). If I were to use in the summer I have the option to cover the stove jack hole. There is Velcro around the stove jack and I have a matching patch for it.

Thank you for sharing! I have been looking at buying that same camera, and wow!, what great pictures! You just convinced me on it.
I also have a bone linen 5.1 second currently "awaiting fulfillment". Can't wait to get it in and put it to use.

I like my Canon gear (5Ds & 6D) a lot better but this is a great lightweight option. :)

Great photos! The blue ion the sky in that first pic was amazing. And what time was that night shot? Was the only light source the moon? The camera did remarkably well!

The night shot was around 10PM I think (forgot to set the time on the new camera). The moon was the only light source. Using a fast wide angle lens, in this case a Rokinon 12mm f/2, helps a lot at night. Maybe soon I can take a Milky Way photo with the 5.1 in it.

I only use this setup when it is cold (freezing). If I were to use in the summer I have the option to cover the stove jack hole. There is Velcro around the stove jack and I have a matching patch for it.

That makes sense, I was more worried about the lack of a "tub floor"

That makes sense, I was more worried about the lack of a "tub floor"

Oh. The tipi came with a floor/bug net inside layer. I have actually never used it. Bought the tipi brand new and immediately cut a hole in it for the stove jack. ;)

LarsL,
Great shots, do you happen to know what ISO and shutter speed you used for the night shot, and was that off hand? great shot

Just bought a good camera! Really want to get good at it! Another damn thing to go broke on lol

Those silky saws sure cut well but are not the most durable aaws out there
I also had the top of my silky break off

Back