Cold Steel Totally Tamed Tri-ad ?

:eek: I thought I knew the limits , both for good and ill for this lock type . I was thankfully wrong .

I've had an AD-10 for about a week now . Still stunned by just how smooth the Tri-ad lock is on this knife , right out of the box .(Had to wait a few years for a BNIB $100 AD-10 deal.) ;)

Extremely slick and easy to open and close , either hand .

First Tri-ad lock knife I've ever considered really fidget worthy . Actually FUN and not just functional and strong .

And this is a substantial , beefy "hard use " working type knife .

If you've previously had a difficult to operate Tri-ad and gotten a bad impression , please try one of these . You'll be pleasantly surprised ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have a Cold Steel AK-47 with the Tri-ad lock. It has served me well for several years. I gave one to both of my sons. They are pleased with the knife as well. It is the knife I take with me when I go for walks.

:eek: I thought I knew the limits , both for good and ill for this lock type . I was thankfully wrong .

I've had an AD-10 for about a week now . Still stunned by just how smooth the Tri-ad lock is on this knife , right out of the box .(Had to wait a few years for a BNIB $100 AD-10 deal.) ;)

Extremely slick and easy to open and close , either hand .

First Tri-ad lock knife I've ever considered really fidget worthy . Actually FUN and not just functional and strong .

And this is a substantial , beefy "hard use " working type knife .

If you've previously had a difficult to operate Tri-ad and gotten a bad impression , please try one of these . You'll be pleasantly surprised ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My AD10 is the same. I've had a few custom AD10s and I actually prefer my Cold Steel version by quite a bit in terms of action. The fit and finish is spot on too, and I really like S35VN. I feel it's a bit more suited to hard use than 20CV. The AD10 is a winner.

My AD10 is also very easy. Never had a triad that was hard to open or close, but was surprised how easy the AD10 was. But for fidgeting, hard to beat the AD15

Last edited:
Back