Trace Rinaldi Custom.. 3rd Knife in the Simonich Auction....

Oh and for those that have asked:

The exotic carbon fiber handle material is that used by the McDonnell-Douglas F-18 aircraft assembly plant for that plane's wings.

The damascus was forged and heat treated by Norm Shenk

..and no! It won't be a safe queen :) Rob and Trace made/make knives to be used!

--Bob

Good talking to you too Bob! I'm glad you got it man, and I want to thank Allan and Fracmeister for bidding also. Like I said you guys ROCK!

Now EVERYONE go take a look at that AWESOME Rob Patton knife!! :eek: :cool:

Bob, I'll send you a larger jpg. I have them here, as does Terrill of course, but he's out trying to kill Bambi's granddaddy right now.

Congratulations!

Thanks Jerry! I did e-mail Terrill with the request earlier. This knife will be used so I felt it'd be nice to have a large version of the pic Terrill shot.

You still have my e-mail addy? If not, it's in my profile here.

Best!

Bob

UPDATE

Got it! Thanks Jerry. You guys are great!!!!

Thanks Allen. I'm indeed fortunate :)

Ida, great talking to you. And thanks so much for the efforts you've put into this event. Payment en route!

--Bob

Trace,

Man oh man this puppy is soooooooo much better in person than any pictures can convey (definately not mine which fall far short of Terrill's work... this one below was a quickie). And you're absolutely spot on about how great it feels in the hand. It has comforting substantial weight too which is very very nice.

I received a custom microprocessor controlled Luxeon III (TWOJ bin) LionHeart torch made by a Lieutenant with the Hawaiin police, Charlie Wong also known as Mr. Bulk, the same day I received the custom LEO. Both reflect superlative craftsmanship and justly vie for king of their respective hills. I'm very, very pleased with both! :)

--Bob

LEO_LionHeart.jpg

Back