Tracker Dan/ Joe Watson Bloodshark collab

Tracker Dan's popular Bloodshark model, ground, wrapped, finished and sharpened by me. Dan and I have been wanting to work on a project together for some time now, and I'm pleased with what we were able to put together with these. With him recently being deployed for another year, the wait list for these certainly did not improve. I hope to be able to offer a unique spin on these and assist in making them more regularly available to the public.

Description of the original Bloodshark as offered by Dan: "A Tracker Dan original design, created from the ground up to be an ideal concealment weapon. The handle and blade length are kept to a minimum to allow users to carry it in virtually any location. A single edged 3.25" blade with a false edge swage sits atop a 3.5" handle.

The length of the handle keeps it from protruding from the hand (reduces it as a stripping point), while the contour is comfortable to thumb cap, or palm assist. The flair at the end aids in access, allowing the user to bump against the ramped end and comfortably draw into reverse grip.

The standard single ridge wrap optimally fits the support hand in reverse grip of a right-handed shooter. Or optimally fits the right hand in foward grip. While keeping the thickness of the blade at a minimum so that it can be readily concealed where ever the user prefers."

Steel used on these is the same ATS-34/ Paul Bos heat treat combo that works so well on my kwaikens and "traditional" style knives. These feature my choice of wrap, which is my favorite handle for any carry knife. It's inspired by traditional Japanese wraps and provides the most secure grip I've found, without tearing up skin or clothing. The nylon cord is then soaked in a fiberglass resin which makes it hard as a rock, resistant to damage and is washable. It also seals the tang below, preventing corrosion.

These are done in two flavors, an acid/stonewashed finish or my signature bright satin pattern etched finish

DSC_0357_zpsed06ef30.jpg

DSC_0370_zpsba93b425.jpg

Of course, there are matching steel trainers to go with

DSC_0379_zps487f2483.jpg

These sheaths feature the latest improvements, such as a tuck-able feature and improved spring clip. The eyelets have been beefed up for more durability, without adding additional bulk. The sheath does not need a belt to anchor it, and the blade can be sheathed with the edge facing either direction.

These are available online at http://trackerdan.tictail.com/ For more info on the Bloodshark and availability, you can contact Dan at info(at) trackerdan.com

Thanks for looking!

-Joe

Last edited:
Having had purchased a few of Joe's knives over the last couple years, I can, along with many others, attest to the quality of his blades. I carry one tucked in my duty belt on shift everyday I work. Add Tracker Dan to the mix and it's a total overwhelming win win here. I have one on order and look forward to getting it.

Having had purchased a few of Joe's knives over the last couple years, I can, along with many others, attest to the quality of his blades. I carry one tucked in my duty belt on shift everyday I work. Add Tracker Dan to the mix and it's a total overwhelming win win here. I have one on order and look forward to getting it.

Same here. While waiting for a Bloodshark back in '11 or '12 I carried Joe's Hidden Key behind my mag pouches on duty. Now the Bloodshark is behind my mags and the Hidden Key in my trauma plate. Thanks Joe and Dan!

Thanks, gents. That's great news. I hope they continue to serve y'all well. Thanks for the support!

I just got mine this morning. This design and the execution on both sheath and knife is outstanding. The sheaths are a work of art, the handle wrap is superb and the grinds are perfect. Awesome guys.

Thanks all for the support. Dan and I recently returned from a trip working to track illegal activity on our southern border. Almost no internet or phone access, so we're catching up on correspondence now. We're working on the next run of these now. Just a friendly reminder that I do not handle any sales, shipping, wait lists etc. for these. Dan is who you need to talk to there: info at trackerdan.com

Hope everyone is doing well,

Joe

Back