Traditional Knives & Slingshots

Finally got it.
No name resin catapult off TEMU. (came with 1 flat band and two small castration rings to secure the band to the frame.)
No frame flex at full draw. (at waist)
A tiny thing, Just 4.125 inch tall and 2.25 inch wide. Fits in a work shirt pocket, no problem.
I haven't shot yet, so don't know if it likes my 9mm steel balls or .50 caliber hard clay and (plain) glass marbles.
Knife is a SARGE Official BSA Barlow.
IMG_20240320_080021.jpg
Also got in today the leather ammo pouch and that HUGE 🙄 target in the photo. I was expecting three targets, the largest around 60~70mm.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to see this target past 4 or 5 yards with the glasses I have now. I've needed new glasses for about ten years ... maybe longer. I got my current glasses a couple days after 'HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE' was released.

Two solid workhorses :cool: :thumbsup:
Two beauties Bob :) :thumbsup:
Finally got it.
No name resin catapult off TEMU. (came with 1 flat band and two small castration rings to secure the band to the frame.)
No frame flex at full draw. (at waist)
A tiny thing, Just 4.125 inch tall and 2.25 inch wide. Fits in a work shirt pocket, no problem.
I haven't shot yet, so don't know if it likes my 9mm steel balls or .50 caliber hard clay and (plain) glass marbles.
Knife is a SARGE Official BSA Barlow.
View attachment 2532416
Also got in today the leather ammo pouch and that HUGE 🙄 target in the photo. I was expecting three targets, the largest around 60~70mm.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to see this target past 4 or 5 yards with the glasses I have now. I've needed new glasses for about ten years ... maybe longer. I got my current glasses a couple days after 'HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE' was released.
Looks good Steve :cool: Those bands look more suitable for steel than clay :thumbsup: I have a folding slingshot that attaches with those rings/castration bands (I hadn't thought of them like that before!). Seem to work OK. I have the same target on my indoor catch-box, but the range is only 25ft :D ;) :thumbsup:

Two solid workhorses :cool: :thumbsup:

Two beauties Bob :) :thumbsup:

Looks good Steve :cool: Those bands look more suitable for steel than clay :thumbsup: I have a folding slingshot that attaches with those rings/castration bands (I hadn't thought of them like that before!). Seem to work OK. I have the same target on my indoor catch-box, but the range is only 25ft :D ;) :thumbsup:
I took your advice Jack. The yellow bands you sent do help with clay ammo. Thanks.

I took your advice Jack. The yellow bands you sent do help with clay ammo. Thanks.
That's good to hear Bob, it's just a question of matching the strength of the bands to the weight of the ammo. Now, I'm 6ft 3", with a long reach, and those bands are OK for me, but if you're not as tall as that, you might want to try trimming them down a bit, and they'll be faster, and more accurate :thumbsup:

That's good to hear Bob, it's just a question of matching the strength of the bands to the weight of the ammo. Now, I'm 6ft 3", with a long reach, and those bands are OK for me, but if you're not as tall as that, you might want to try trimming them down a bit, and they'll be faster, and more accurate :thumbsup:
More good advice, that will be my next tweek.

This thread got me started on slingshots and now I can't go a weekend without getting in some practice. Bottom 1/3 can filled with water thinking I wouldn't have to keep setting it upright, I was wrong View attachment 2540477
That's cool :cool: My friends kids like to shoot at cans, so when we go out, I usually buy a few cans of cheap soda, and hang them up by a piece of paracord. Then I shake them up, so they spray all over when they get hit! :D :thumbsup:

Here a slingshot and a pruner from the part of the world where I am originally from, which is Bulgaria. I thought it may be interesting for you guys.

I did a lot of research just to find where else this type of slingshot is used and the only place I managed to find is south of Romania.

So basically the way to use this slingshot is the same as when you are using one band slingshot with a wooden handle but instead of the handle you use you index finger. :)

One of the advantages of this type of slingshot is that it is really light and mobile – you can just roll it and put it in your pocket. It basically takes almost no space.

The disadvantage is that it needs a lot of practice to be mastered it and be really precise with it. It can also be dangerous if you handle it incorrectly – it can hurt your index finger/hand or backfire and hit you in the right buttcheeck usually :) (if you are right handed)

Also if you need more power you use thicker band but then you will also need very strong index finger. :))

I made this one the way I used to make it when I was a child which was 35-40 years ago(except I used to used just a rubber band instead of resistance tube) I grew up with this king of slingshot, never used double band slingshot.:)20240409_191219.jpg

This the way to hold it not the actual pose you are in when you are shooting with it
20240409_193650.jpg

Last edited:
Here a slingshot and a pruner from the part of the world where I am originally from, which is Bulgaria. I thought it may be interesting for you guys.

I did a lot of research just to find where else this type of slingshot is used and the only place I managed to find is south of Romania.

So basically the way to use this slingshot is the same as when you are using one band slingshot with a wooden handle but instead of the handle you use you index finger. :)

One of the advantages of this type of slingshot is that it is really light and mobile – you can just roll it and put it in your pocket. It basically takes almost no space.

The disadvantage is that it needs a lot of practice to be mastered it and be really precise with it. It can also be dangerous if you handle it incorrectly – it can hurt your index finger/hand or backfire and hit you in the right buttcheeck usually :) (if you are right handed)

Also if you need more power you use thicker band but then you will also need very strong index finger. :))

I made this one the way I used to make it when I was a child which was 35-40 years ago(except I used to used just a rubber band instead of resistance tube) I grew up with this king of slingshot, never used double band slingshot.:)View attachment 2546928

This the way to hold it not the actual pose you are in when you are shooting with it
View attachment 2546930
Wow, that is really cool to see :cool: Thanks a lot for posting it :) I can see how it could go wrong though! :eek:

I visited Bulgaria last year :thumbsup:

I was plinking, with a couple of different slingshots earlier :) I'm actually carrying different knives though ;) :thumbsup:

Wow, that is really cool to see :cool: Thanks a lot for posting it :) I can see how it could go wrong though! :eek:

I visited Bulgaria last year :thumbsup:

I was plinking, with a couple of different slingshots earlier :) I'm actually carrying different knives though ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack! I hope you had a good time there. I guess the out of focus cathedral is Alexander Nevsky...
I love these lambfoot beauties !! Nice slingshots too!

Thank you Jack! I hope you had a good time there. I guess the out of focus cathedral is Alexander Nevsky...
I love these lambfoot beauties !! Nice slingshots too!
I probably went to the wrong place Vladimir, it was full of rather unpleasant English people! ;) It was an interesting experience :) The Bulgarian people were very nice. I learned about 20 phrases before I went, which, at least, allowed me to be polite. Of course, the Cyrillic alphabet was beyond me, but it didn't seem to be a difficult language to learn. I am going to Crete soon, but haven't had time to look at learning any Greek, which seems to be quite a difficult language. Thank you very much for your kind words :) :thumbsup:

I probably went to the wrong place Vladimir, it was full of rather unpleasant English people! ;) It was an interesting experience :) The Bulgarian people were very nice. I learned about 20 phrases before I went, which, at least, allowed me to be polite. Of course, the Cyrillic alphabet was beyond me, but it didn't seem to be a difficult language to learn. I am going to Crete soon, but haven't had time to look at learning any Greek, which seems to be quite a difficult language. Thank you very much for your kind words :) :thumbsup:

Oh I was mistaken. That is one of the churches in Nesebar... :) Very old one like most of them there.
Bulgarian is quite difficult. Cyrillic alphabet not so much.
You probably came across a bad bunch of people :). It happens. I moved to England almost 24 years ago. In general English people are very nice.
Anyway I will stop flooding the thread. Great talking to you Jack and I hope you have a great time in Crete!!! :)

Last edited:
20240409_193650.jpg
This reminds me of something in Dan Beard's American Boy's Handy Book. It was a small tube for a shot-pouch, attached to a whippy stick, slung from the left hip with a right sidearm motion.

Back