Tragic...one less Magnum Tanto in the world

Agree 100%, although i've seen some really old ones (70's) with serrations, so not sure whether the original design had them or not. And forgot how the newer ones are much more prominent than the older ones. Mine is one of the Cutlery Shoppe exclusives from the 90's with gray handle and no serrations...love that look. But also have a Blackjack Tartan Dirk and don't mind the serrations on that.

Agree 100%, although i've seen some really old ones (70's) with serrations, so not sure whether the original design had them or not. And forgot how the newer ones are much more prominent than the older ones. Mine is one of the Cutlery Shoppe exclusives from the 90's with gray handle and no serrations...love that look. But also have a Blackjack Tartan Dirk and don't mind the serrations on that.

No the originals did not have serrations(early, early ones had the blade canted slightly) it is pretty much a given they added those to make it more "practical" and PC and it has apparently carried over to other makers. Always regret selling my Vietnam one. Good catch on the Cutlery Shoppe one, did it have the original L6 Tool Steel(they made a few batches from time to time)they used before so many complaints on corrosion made the change to stainless?

In the early '80's , I collected every dagger and push knife made by Gerber , SOG and Cold Steel . I liked them all back then . They got stolen in the late 90's . I tried to find replacements later, but the newer models seemed lower quality or maybe my tastes had changed towards more utilitarian designs ? All of my newer knives are either fully PE or SE rather than "combo" .

Back