Tri Ad Lock

"Is a Cold Steel folder with the Tri Ad Lock system a guarantee of being genuine?"

Last edited:
Buy your knife from a reputible dealer, there are plenty to choose from. Beware of 'deals' that are too-good-to-be-true! Funky packaging, and graphics are another dead give-a-way. Most of the big-name knife-sellers are all 'authorized-dealers' for the brands they sell. Also, they stand behind the merchandise as genuine.

Buy your knife from a reputible dealer, there are plenty to choose from. Beware of 'deals' that are too-good-to-be-true! Funky packaging, and graphics are another dead give-a-way. Most of the big-name knife-sellers are all 'authorized-dealers' for the brands they sell. Also, they stand behind the merchandise as genuine.
I live in Brazil and here the best seller is Amazon, which I'm not entirely sure is reliable...

I live in Brazil and here the best seller is Amazon, which I'm not entirely sure is reliable...
sold and shipped by Amazon ups your odds for a real one. they do sell real cold steels and are an authorized seller. there is a way it can go wrong but too much to type here. it's possible to get a bad one but much lower odds than third party sold. third party sold and shipped, or third party sold and shipped by Amazon........ it's a crap shoot. some are good dealers, many are not.

Check if you have local gun store that's a dealer. You will likely pay a bit more, but you can be certain you'll be getting a genuine product, not to mention the benefit of actually handling the knife before purchasing.

Just received my Cold Steel SR1 from Amazon, and it was genuine in every respect.

tgEa7Xsh.jpg

sGOd1fRh.jpg

Back