two bladed lockback

Phil,

A few years back I picked up a Camillus Yellow Jacket twin blade lockback. I really liked the design, which for the benefit of other readers has both a serrated blade and a traditional clip, each with their own locking bar - release mechanism. But I don't seem to find these in catalogs as available any more. Are knives of this design still being made? And what was the design called?

BTW I hail from Fayetteville although its been many, many years. Can't say I miss the snowfall accumulation but then again it might be worth having as a trade off for the -80 degree wind chills we sometimes get here in the Black Hills of South Dakota!

I also see you collect firearms. Do any shooting out at the benchrest range on your side of town?

Best regards and welcome aboard!!!!!

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

Keep yer powder dry and cutters hair poppin' sharp!

[This message has been edited by bald1 (edited 16 January 1999).]

I also have one of the double lockbacks ...with a delrin handle......is this a 440c
blade also?
Budman
-----------------------------------------
a knife's not worth havin' ...unless it's sharp

Bud,
I think both of our folders use 440A although it is said that Camillus does wonders with this stuff compared to other makers.
I'm sure Phil will set us straight.

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

Bob - I think Western still makes a double-bladed lockback. I may be wrong but I think Western is made by Camillus. There's a picture at http://www.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/western/folders2.html Camillus also has one called the Mini Pro-Master
http://www.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/camillus/cam5.html

------------------
Frank
jqsurf@worldnet.att.net

Bob,
I believe your knife is a 707Y Double Lock Back Copperhead. Unfortunately we no longer make this knife. Blades are indeed 440A.

Unfortunately I don't get to shoot as much as I would like!

Frank is correct that Camillus also produces Western Cutlery, & double lock backs are currently available but have been discontinued also!
Camillus does also produce a Boy Scout Knife that is a 5" double lock back with clip blade & wood saw (model # C1068).

Phil,

Yes that's the one, a 707Y. I thought the design was very effective. I take it they didn't sell well then if discontinued. All I can do is profess my surprise...folks missed out on a neat pocket knife!

Sorry to hear that other things keep you away from the range. You have a hotbed of benchrest and BR50 (22LR benchrest) shooters in your own backyard. The range (in Brewerton I believe...don't have a copy of PRECISION SHOOTER handy as I type this) just extended their facilities out to 600 yards! Wish I had access to such as site!

CBA '65
LeMoyne '72

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

Back