Ultrasonic cleaner recommendation to fit full size muti tool

austin37

Gold Member
Lookin for quality affordable preferably under $100.00. Ultra sonic cleaner recommendations large enough to fit a full size muti tool … do all the tools have to be opened to fully clean it inside? Or just enough to get wash soap mixture in with vibrations inside cleaning basket tray?

put multi tool vertical in a jar (with a lid) with cleaning solution. place the jar in the ultrasonic cleaner tank with solution (or plain water) in it.
The vibes will go through the jar, cleaning what is in it.
tool with pivots down in the jar should allow the dirt and gunk to fall clear of the tool when cleaning, making it un-necessary to open the blades.
A canning jar or empty PB jar with a lid is all you need to hold oversize and really small things.

put multi tool vertical in a jar (with a lid) with cleaning solution. place the jar in the ultrasonic cleaner tank with solution (or plain water) in it.
tool with pivots down in the jar should allow the dirt and gunk to fall clear of the tool when cleaning, making it un-necessary to open the blades.
A canning jar or empty PB jar with a lid is all you need to hold oversize and really small things.
Thanks for the unique idea. Do you know of an ultrasonic machine that will fit such a jar in that position that you’d recommend?

Thanks for the unique idea. Do you know of an ultrasonic machine that will fit such a jar in that position that you’d recommend?
I don't know any brands. I'd guess any cleaner with a tank large enough for the jar ... "X" by 4 or 5 inch?
A timer that goes to 30 plus minutes, and an optional heater might also be good?
"Optional heater" because I've heard the solution gets warm during use, without turning on heat. I don't know how warm or if it s true. My guess is the cleaning solution would heat up a little during use.

Vevor sells ultrasonic cleaners. You can get them with a heating function. All sizes.

Harbor freight also sells a cleaner with the same options. But it cost more then a Vevor.

I don't know any brands. I'd guess any cleaner with a tank large enough for the jar ... "X" by 4 or 5 inch?
A timer that goes to 30 plus minutes, and an optional heater might also be good?
"Optional heater" because I've heard the solution gets warm during use, without turning on heat. I don't know how warm or if it s true. My guess is the cleaning solution would heat up a little during use.
Thank you for the jar technique, timer and heater suggestions

So, the old car wash with the wand trick is out?
Not familiar with that phrase
Yes I am also curious what this means.

I've heard of a similar method using resealable plastic food containers ("Tupperware"). The point of doing this is that it is supposed to contain the mess so that you don't have to clean out the ultrasonic cleaner all the time, right?

I've heard of a similar method using resealable plastic food containers ("Tupperware"). The point of doing this is that it is supposed to contain the mess so that you don't have to clean out the ultrasonic cleaner all the time, right?
or/and not have any tiny parts/items fall between the basket wires.

The carwash. The ones with a wand, you put in quarters.

I use one to clean my Traeger grille and drip pan every time I smoke meat, it's high pressure, will soap and then rinse, only cost a dollar for 4 minutes and it works great on a nasty multi-tool as well.

For the cost of the ultrasonic cleaner. You could buy another multi tool that was new and clean.

Unless you have a bunch of things you need to clean. Like gun parts, jewelry, small car parts. It's not worth it. You could soak the multi tool in gasoline, alcohol, kerosene, mineral spirits, WD40, Simple green, orange oil, or just boil the thing in some soapy water.

I myself, have been looking at ultrasonic cleaners. I've had one before. It's a pretty neat contraption but I don't need it and I wouldn't buy one just to clean a multi tool.

Why buy gas for your car when you can just buy a new car and dump the old one? 🤷‍♂️
Because for $80,000 you don't get a full tank of gas anymore.

The sealed container method works without an ultrasonic cleaner if you have a kid nearby and a dollar bill.

I'm a big fan of a little oil and high pressure air.

Back