Umnumzaan little modify

Any info if this works on a Large 21? With either the Umnumzaan's backspacer barrel or with a stop pin?

Interesting... :)
Cody, where did you find this info? I can't...

Instagram "Stories" are temporary posts that disappear after you view them, and do not become part of the official Instagram page. In other words, if you don't follow CRK on Instagram, you likely missed the post.

Yesterday the CRK official Instagram page posted a "story" showing off an umnumzaan with two backspacers, like your mod. It was mainly a video without sound, but had some text along the lines of "umnumzaan backspacers coming soon".

Well, according to the latest CRK Instagram "story" post, this "mod" is now an official CRK upgrade.

Instagram "Stories" are temporary posts that disappear after you view them, and do not become part of the official Instagram page. In other words, if you don't follow CRK on Instagram, you likely missed the post.

Yesterday the CRK official Instagram page posted a "story" showing off an umnumzaan with two backspacers, like your mod. It was mainly a video without sound, but had some text along the lines of "umnumzaan backspacers coming soon".
Thanks for your explanation :thumbsup:
Great news :D

There is a picture of an Umnumzaan with the mod on the official site of CRK.
Interesting...:cool:
CH0gTzWh.jpg

I remember seeing this thread when it was first posted and visiting a couple times since. Gotta say I really like the N Norvox Mod! It's not like the 'Zaan actually needs to be any sturdier, but it's still very cool. The lanyard pin on CRKs is kind of a PIA anyway--and this is coming from a self-professed lanyard guy. ;)

I don't really care for having to use 425 cord or making a huge effort to get 550 through the tiny hole in CRK lanyard pins and, while the stock pin is supposed to allow rotation with a tight starter loop, I like my pulls considerably freer, longer, and floppier. My solution has been to remove the pins and tie up through the vacated holes in the scales. I like that a lot.

I'm tempted to get the extra hardware for the Norvox Mod and move my lanyard to the top standoff in the same manner as is done on 25s and Inkosis. The other thing to try is to move the standoff to the lanyard hole and tie up through the vacated upper location. If I do either I'll post pics in the thread, but until then here's how my knife is presently set up.

DEszS6W.jpg

St92xwo.jpg

Last edited:
I remember seeing this thread when it was first posted and visiting a couple times since. Gotta say I really like the N Norvox Mod! It's not like the 'Zaan actually needs to be any sturdier, but it's still very cool. The lanyard pin on CRKs is kind of a PIA anyway--and this is coming from a self-professed lanyard guy. ;)

I don't really care for having to use 425 cord or making a huge effort to get 550 through the tiny hole in CRK lanyard pins and, while the stock pin is supposed to allow rotation with a tight starter loop, I like my pulls considerably freer, longer, and floppier. My solution has been to remove the pins and tie up through the vacated holes in the scales. I like that a lot.

I'm tempted to get the extra hardware for the Norvox Mod and move my lanyard to the top standoff in the same manner as is done on 25s and Inkosis. The other thing to try is to move the standoff to the lanyard hole and tie up through the vacated upper location. If I do either I'll post pics in the thread, but until then here's how my knife is presently set up.

I moved my lanyard to the outside..took a bit of work to do it, but I hated having it in that position for many of the same reasons you talk about.

wDFkjHr.jpg

Last edited:
Nice mod, bhyde bhyde ! You'll probably pick up on this yourself, but you might want to replace the bracketed slash quote in your post. :(

Nice mod, bhyde bhyde ! You'll probably pick up on this yourself, but you might want to replace the bracketed slash quote in your post. :(

lol- I was being distracted at the time I posted..but thanks for the heads up!

I moved my lanyard to the outside..took a bit of work to do it, but I hated having it in that position for many of the same reasons you talk about.

wDFkjHr.jpg

I installed the parts on my Umnumzaans since I had to grab a few other things from the CRK site and the kits are only $10. I like it but now I want bhyde bhyde 's lanyard attachment. Does it ever end :(

_DSC5029%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsnixft8nr.jpg

_DSC5019%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpslz3ixodj.jpg

Loving this mod. I'm not a lanyard guy per se, but I do appreciate them and will use them from time to time. I intend to get my CRKs dirty and a lanyard will just be a detritus and bacteria vessel.

I like the custom end for lanyards above. I'd like to see it more pointy to double as a pommel...if it were made again.

I added the spacer mod too and have never been happier. Truthfully I have never been... wedding day, birth of my kids... second to this.

Back