Underwater Photo Gallery Video // Story Behind UltraReef

UltraReef

Snody Admin
Hey ya go,
was messing around making vids and decided to finish up a project I have been wanting to do for a while. Thanks for taking time to check it out and have a great day. :D :D

[youtube]8RVYziEFWaA[/youtube]

Very cool stuff UltraReef! Is that a local spot down there in the CCT? Quite the variety of marine life there.

Very Cool maine!

I got to dive a little when I was younger. I got to dive the Bahamas when I was 12.:) I got open water certified when I was 15, and then advanced the next summer in FL.

We dove Ginny springs, went into the opening of one of the caves, and Suwanee river for a limited visibilty. It was cool to see the clear water blend with the murky Suwanee River.

WOuld love to see more of these Earl. :thumbup:

Very cool stuff UltraReef! Is that a local spot down there in the CCT? Quite the variety of marine life there.

Thanks!! All of the pics in the Video on Youtube were taken in Bonaire. Around here we mostly go on Rig Dives...not many corals but tons of fish.

These are some pics from around here:

RIG2-6.jpg

Rig2-5.jpg

RIG4.jpg

Very Cool maine!

I got to dive a little when I was younger. I got to dive the Bahamas when I was 12.:) I got open water certified when I was 15, and then advanced the next summer in FL.

We dove Ginny springs, went into the opening of one of the caves, and Suwanee river for a limited visibilty. It was cool to see the clear water blend with the murky Suwanee River.

WOuld love to see more of these Earl. :thumbup:

Very cool bud....always wanted to make all the cavern/cave camp/dives in FL. Devils grotto, ginny....rub some manatee/alligator bellies. But I spend most of my bottom time in Bonaire now, it's my Shangri La. Been certified since 1990, now I'm just an Advanced Diver with Nitrox Certification. I've done over 300 dives with close to 300 hours of bottom time, I was a diving maniac a few years ago. :D

Thanks for your kind words. :D

Thanks!! All of the pics in the Video on Youtube were taken in Bonaire. Around here we mostly go on Rig Dives...not many corals but tons of fish.

These are some pics from around here:

RIG2-6.jpg

Rig2-5.jpg

RIG4.jpg

WOW!

Ive never got to do anything like that:eek::cool::thumbup:

Great pics mate, I couldn't even take that picks on land! As far as the diving goes my experience only extends to the muff variety.

Think I saw Jaws once too often as a kid so never got the urge to dive. Although after looking at these pics I might have to reconsider my position.

Cool pics man. I know a guy that goes diving the rigs out of Port A. I wish I had the training and equipment to do it, I'll probably have to just stick to fishing out there. :D

Wow Earl,some amazing pictures there.
Ive never went diving,
looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks for the pics!

Cool pics,,,,,,maine....:thumbup::thumbup:. I've done a shitload of snorkeling all ova the carribean...... Grd. Cayman was the best,,,,Hands Down, as long as you can get use to the idea of sharing the water wiv the barracudas (They're everywhere),,,,,, Never done scuba ,,,,, looks like a rush. Was hard enough talkin my wife into snorklin ...... no way she could handle the real deal,,,,,she go all spazmo an drowned on me. Hmmmmmm ????? ...now there's an idea!!!!! :D

This user whistles innocently as he goes out to the diving center to buy TWO sets of equipment . No more limits on blade and other toy purchases!!!!!!!!!! :):cool:

Last edited:
Cool pics,,,,,,maine....:thumbup::thumbup:. I've done a shitload of snorkeling all ova the carribean...... Grd. Cayman was the best,,,,Hands Down, as long as you can get use to the idea of sharing the water wiv the barracudas (They're everywhere),,,,,, Never done scuba ,,,,, looks like a rush. Was hard enough talkin my wife into snorklin ...... no way she could handle the real deal,,,,,she go all spazmo an drowned on me. Hmmmmmm ????? ...now there's an idea!!!!! :D

This user whistles innocently as he goes out to the diving center to buy TWO sets of equipment . No more limits on blade and other toy purchases!!!!!!!!!! :):cool:

hehe....I hear ya. On my last trip, about half way through the week, my GF's inflater hose on her BC got stuck open and she shot to the surface like a missile. It was real freaky, because at first she grabbed ahold of me and I had to pry her fingers off of me cause she was dragging me up with her. I knew that I had to protect my health so I could be able to drive her to safety after I safely ascended and got her out of the water, if it was that bad. It was scary, I knew her parents would kill me if the worst happened. Luckily she ended up suffering no ill effects from the equipment malfunction. My GF was a hard-core diver that would never panic underwater, but she didn't think to unhook her inflater hose when it got stuck open. Diving is a blast, but you have to keep at the top of your mind all of the things that can go wrong and what exactly you will do when it happens.

I love the way you capture the serene beauty and isolation, the interwoven ties of the natural and man made environment.

Your skilled photography belies the fact that amidst the beauty and serenity, death is a heartbeat away, the absolute core knowledge of the Diver.

Thank you for sharing this fascinating insight, I've long held the desire to dive on sunken ships, your video further inspires me.

I love the way you capture the serene beauty and isolation, the interwoven ties of the natural and man made environment.

Your skilled photography belies the fact that amidst the beauty and serenity, death is a heartbeat away, the absolute core knowledge of the Diver.

Thank you for sharing this fascinating insight, I've long held the desire to dive on sunken ships, your video further inspires me.

Eloquently said, thanks for your kind words.

Back